Trying out my Enso SG2 Bunka knife by making Pico de Gallo

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A nice knife makes things so easy during prep. :thumb:

In your YT profile pic- albie or a different tuna? I love tuna fishing!

A nice knife makes things so easy during prep. :thumb:

In your YT profile pic- albie or a different tuna? I love tuna fishing!
Thanks Grabnabber. That is so true. The profile pic is from one of our more successful fishing trips where we landed more albacore that we had room for on my boat. (19 total) The smallest was 28 lbs and the largest was 38 lbs.

That is an awesome trip! Did you catch them trolling feathers, throwing jigs or live baits? Need to know. :mrgreen:

That is an awesome trip! Did you catch them trolling feathers, throwing jigs or live baits? Need to know. :mrgreen:
We left the night before we cruised out at 8.5 knotts to the West Butterfly Bank. We got there (approximately 42 miles out) right at first light. We started trolling feathers for around 5 minutes and got hooked up with our first one. We pulled in the un-hooked lines and threw out live baits and started hooking up off and on for the next 4 to 5 hours. We did have to troll one or two more times but most of our fish came from live bait. Here are a few pics from that trip.

My brother with one of the larger ones.

Your's truly landing one with my Nephew hooked up. You can ever so slightly see the rest of the fish at my feet.

Here's a pic of the deck with more of the fish. (Mostly Abacore with one or two Yellowfin mixed in)

As I said. One of our more successful trips! :becky:

Once we ran out of space to put them we caught our breath and started back to the docks.

Bloody decks = good eats. You're covered in blood- I love it!!!!!

I've had a few good days but that one is excellent!!! Heck yeah!

Thanks for posting the pics- EPIC! :thumb:

Bloody decks = good eats. You're covered in blood- I love it!!!!!

I've had a few good days but that one is excellent!!! Heck yeah!

Thanks for posting the pics- EPIC! :thumb:
Thanks and you're welcome. It's nice to have just relived that trip though those pictures.

Back