Pork butt times 4

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Running butts thru the night for a future collaboration for a local church's summer event. ... taste sampling for the church's staff.

[from right to left in order]
1. Plowboy's Yardbird
2. Simply Marvelous' Spicy Cherry
3. Montreal for Chicken
4. Garlic and Herb (salt free)

All will be spritzed thru the night with a sweet fruit (nectar) blend.
(Have used Apple juice, Mt. Dew, Kool-aid, Dr. Pepper in the past)

Hopefully the Lang will be maxed full in three weeks. (Dayton Mod)
picture.php

Last edited:
Very nice, Bandit! That Lang is one awesome looking machine with those gorgeous butts in it. Can't wait to see it filled up when you do the big cook :hungry:

Lookin good Bandit!!

Quick question: am assuming that the meat is directly on the rack, correct? How do you keep the meat from sticking?

Am asking because when I use a rub with a fair amount of sugar in it (like Simply Marvelous), the rub ends up adhering to the meat AND to the rack. When my butts are done and are ready to fall apart, they've been tricky to get off the rack without falling apart.

Thanks!
Bruce

Lookin good Bandit!!

Quick question: am assuming that the meat is directly on the rack, correct? How do you keep the meat from sticking?

Am asking because when I use a rub with a fair amount of sugar in it (like Simply Marvelous), the rub ends up adhering to the meat AND to the rack. When my butts are done and are ready to fall apart, they've been tricky to get off the rack without falling apart.

Thanks!
Bruce

Its a 50/50 deal... if the fatcap is up... you might lose the bark on the bottom.
If its down... no lose... you might lose the cap pulling off... however the mess cleaning afterwards.
If the smoker was hot enough... it might sear/seal the bottom and remain intact.

Yes, it can be already falling apart before getting to it.

Sometimes I lose it, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes need the heavy duty spatula.

Last edited:
Back