A succesful rib class

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ello all. Last thursday, i was invited to teach how to prepare and smoke st louis style ribs for a pro kitchen and cooking school. It was AWESOME. they all loved it and the ribs i made for the demo were so perfect.

The ribs i purchased were MASSIVE and extremely meaty. When preped, they were nice and sqaure. hard to trim though cuz o so much meat and bone, but it was a great demo.

Some of the others who have had comp ribs from comp cookers say i need to compete again. haha. Anyway thanks to all of you for helping me learn how to make perfect ribs. Here are the photos of the class

The class was taught at a place called The Kitchen

www.thekitchenclasses.com

IMAG3786_zpsd8992446.jpg

IMAG3788_zpsc499a997.jpg

IMAG3782_zpsb044c90b.jpg

IMAG3766_zpsc6da1997.jpg

IMAG3730_zpsb719afef.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I saw this on Saturday, when I attempted my first smoke of ST Louis Ribs. I did watch the video someone posted for me, but when I got to it, my ribs seemed a little different and I was having a hard time finding the place to separate the "ribletts" from the ribs :mmph: Also my ribs had some funky bones that were perpendicular to the main rib bones...whats up with that??

Yours look awesome!!!

Wish I saw this on Saturday, when I attempted my first smoke of ST Louis Ribs. I did watch the video someone posted for me, but when I got to it, my ribs seemed a little different and I was having a hard time finding the place to separate the "ribletts" from the ribs :mmph: Also my ribs had some funky bones that were perpendicular to the main rib bones...whats up with that??

Yours look awesome!!!

WHAT?? bones perpendicular to the main. dang, i have not seen that before. Maybe it was the "knuckle" bones all in a weird configuration from packaging.

if you look off to the side of the ribs you purchased, you will see where the knuckle seperates from the main bone. HOWEVER, i have had to cut either right threw them or leve some of them because the ribs were so massive in order to get the look. Notice on my rib pictures, they may look really nice and square like the ones in the mirrior, but when you look in the pic of the cooked rib, you can see i had to leave a we bit of the knuckles. sometimes they are just cut odd.

good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

How long did this class go on? Did everyone hang around while the ribs were cooking?

it was a 2.5 hour class. i smoked them that day and brought them fresh. thats what made the class hard, couldnt smoke them but i showed them how and how to set the fire and get TBS. Plus once your a student of mine, you are always a student so i gave them my email

thanks guys. it was way fun. This saturday i am teaching a class on steaks. Gonna teach compound butters, sides, and how to grill as close as you can to the lump including throwing the steak on the lump. haha.

The bow tie is my signiture sorta speak. It all started when i came home from church and had to hurry and cook. Wife took a picture and people liked it. haha.

thanks for all the years of knowledge you have given me. i have been a member close to 6 years now and have enjoyed everybit of it. i have referenced a ton of people here.

Back