Kroger Charcoal Briq (2x13.9 lb bags) for $7.99

wormraper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
haven't tried Kroger brand charcoal before but they had 2x13.9 bags shrinked together for $7.99 this week at my local Fry's food. Almost grabbed some but not sure if it's worth it now with Mem week sales coming up in a few weeks

That would come out to $0.31 a lb. Not to good in my book.

yeah, it's not as great as the BF deals, but around here at least KBB are $9 per 13.9 lb bag or $14.99 for a 2 pack, so $7.99 is a huge diff. just don't know how GOOD the Kroger brand briqs are

yeah, it's not as great as the BF deals, but around here at least KBB are $9 per 13.9 lb bag or $14.99 for a 2 pack, so $7.99 is a huge diff. just don't know how GOOD the Kroger brand briqs are

I have used it in a pinch. Its ok, similar to KBB if you like that kind of coal, which I dont use anymore.

I know Royal Oak makes Kroger's house brand lump. I have heard someplace that Royal Oak also makes the briquettes, but I have seen no confirmation on that.

In my personal experience, I find Kroger briquettes to be about the same as KBB--rather disappointing.

If you look above the bar-code and you see ROE or RO, it is Royal oak re-branded. I just found 18# 2 packs of Best Choice Ridge briquettes (with ROE as mentioned) at a local grocery for 7.99 (~.22/lb)......the charcoal hoarding begins!

Back