• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

TQ and Tyler first whole prime rib on smoker

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well I i did my first prime rib on tha smoker. Thank's for the help and input off this site. I rubbed down with EVOO and southern seasoning and let come to room temp before hitting smoker. My wife talked me out of doing the 14#er so I cut in half, she did not think 5 people could eat 14#s of prime rib. Is it called prime rib when done on the smoker????? Anyway it came out really good. I pulled at 130degress and let it rest under a foil tent. Heck Im learning and was happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

Merry Christmas and Remember what it is all about :-D:-D:-D:-D

There is nothing wrong with that hunk of meat!!!! I would be proud of that especially since it is your first!!!! Looks like your gonna have the hang of it!!!

Looks beautiful! I learned from researching that the "prime" in prime rib refers to the first or primary set of ribs, it really has nothing to do with the quality or cooking method, it's just the first x number of ribs on the cow (unfortunately, I don't remember how many ribs it is, but I'm thinking 4 or 6)
Merry Christmas and remember why we celebrate.

Looks great. The PR is always so scary as it is such a pricey thing. I still worry every time but have done a dozen of them now. Congrats!

Thanks guys for all the nice compliments, i would have commented earlier but was working at the refinery all day long... Man was it cold. God bless each of you and hope you all are blessed thru the coming year TQ

Looks delicious Tuscaloosa!! I've not heard of the Southern seasoning.. will give it a try. Thanks for posting!

Looks tasty TQ.

You got me hooked on that Southern Flavor. Love it on burgers and steaks.

Great job Brother!

Harbormaster love that southern flavor

cowgirl I will get some Southern Seasoning to ya it is made about 80 miles from my house, it is really good stuff nothing fancy just all around good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuscaloosa that is very kind of you to offer. I know you have a million and one things to do, I'll see if I can get it online. Thank you so much for even considering it. :cool::thumb:
Hope you have a great evening! :-D

Back