MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:04 AM   #1
captjoe06
Full Fledged Farker

Default Smoking Then Searing Ribeyes on The @WeberGrills Kettle

Smoked at 225 degrees (smoker grate temp) to internal 120 degrees and then seared over the coals to 125 internal.
Slathered with EVOO, then a coating of coarse salt and black pepper and then a second coat of Montreal steak seasoning.

Apple chunk and cherry wood chips for smoke, meat placed opposite coals.

Once the ribeye hit 115 internal pulled it and bunched up the coals and opened all the vent to get them glowing orange.

Seared over hot coals brought internal temp to 125 and then pulled them to rest for 10 minutes.

The perfect rare steak.

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-23-2015, 05:48 AM   #2
effinUker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim, Moon

Looks awesome. About how long did it take to get to 115? (This isn't for me, I'm asking for a friend )
effinUker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2015, 05:51 AM   #3
captjoe06
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by effinUker View Post
Looks awesome. About how long did it take to get to 115? (This isn't for me, I'm asking for a friend )
It was definitely under two hours and more than one. Not very long but I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to the time like I normally do. Went by the maverick probe temp not time.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
Dr. Trout Bum
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Greg

That looks tasty! I plan to do a reverse sear this weekend...but will sear on my blackstone griddle. I've never done it before. Will go with a chunk of pecan and a chunk of cherry.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #5
CookinScuba
Knows what a fatty is.

I did this earlier on in the year and they were outstanding! Can't wait to do it again. Yours look real tasty!
CookinScuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ribeye, Smoking Ribeyes, Smoking Steak