The Beast Is Complete!

Crüe-B-Cüe

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Finally after months of not having time to fool with it, I broke down and built the 96 gallon UDS. I kept it as simple as possible. BGE draft door, two exhaust stacks and a couple of handles for the lid. It actually didn't take long to do, but finding the time was hard. I only have one grate in it as of now, but probably will add a second. I haven't cooked in it yet, but did throw a basket of charcoal in and let it run. It held temps like a champ and was very responsive to changes in the draft door. I hope to be able to fire her up this weekend for the initial cook.

96-1.jpg

96-2.jpg

96-3.jpg

96-4.jpg

SWEET!!! isn`t that a 26 inch grate? also did you have to bend the egg draft door or did it just fit right on?

Nice and simple, looks like it will go good once you can fire it up

Looks good! :thumb: I like how the top vents look like exhaust pipes.

Now get that beast seasoned up. :clap2:

SWEET!!! isn`t that a 26 inch grate? also did you have to bend the egg draft door or did it just fit right on?

Yes, that is a 26" grate. The BGE door had to be flattened out a little but not much. I just layed it down on the curved side and pushed the ends down a little until it fit.

Haven't seen you in a while!
Nice Mega UDS!

I haven't been around a whole lot. I have been stopping by every once in a while, but I have started missing being here. I'm going to try to start making more time to cook and hang out a little more.

Nice paint job

Luckily it came that way. I suck at painting. :doh:

Back