MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #46
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

You're one of a kind Sterling, and I mean that in a good way. :) Well done Pal!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #47
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Jeanie but you are the best.
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
PigBoy
Full Fledged Farker

Being able to participate in this event is one of the biggest blessings in my lifetime! Just seeing the venue was breathtaking. The unique rules of the contest made it challenging and fun, an opportunity to think outside of the box and cook on totally new equipment to us. Thanks Sterling and crew, I will never forget this experience!

Pork Pullin Plowboys
www.plowboysbbq.com
www.hinckfarms.com

Traeger 200, Kingfisher Commercial, Bandera, Weber Kettle
PigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #49
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Thank you so much Randy..

Last edited by Big Poppa; 12-16-2012 at 10:56 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #50
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Just got back to work and have been away from the Brethren since I left a week and a half ago. Anything I could say about my experience at this event would be an understatement. It was just so above and beyond anything I would ever expect from a BBQ contest that it is difficult to put in to words how truly great it was. Thanks so much to Sterling and his crew for putting on such an amazing event--it was a great honor to be a part of it!
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #51
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Thank for the thanks and keep that week open next year!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #52
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
I took soooooo much crap like this...You cannot have a limited field without leaving someone off...

For 15 dollars patrons got the very best food.....in the best location not on the water in December, got free classes from the likes of Trigg, Stone, Gray Hixon,Soo, Groneman, Johns, Nelson, and the eventual GC Lilly...oh yeah we raised $167,000.00 for pediatric kidney disease. I think that is more raised that the next 50 contests.

spend a few minutes and look up the facebook pages of the teams that were there...I didnt talk about the teams.

Do you know who I invited and turned it down?

Was the cup half empty or half full at the King Of the Smoker?

Sorry for the rant but most people would have given up with the internet sniping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
How about taking a look at who did get invited then take a look at their Facebook page..there isn't a team out there that has cooked a better event..Sterling went over the top and the last thing he should have to do is come on here and defend it..but I will!..how about you pick up the phone and call all of these great teams and have them come out to your comp,put them up in a beautiful resort,pay for all of their meals,comp meat,bar tab..ect ect..let me know how that all works out for you..hell take these 24 teams throw them out pick another 24 and you'll have a whole other group crying about who didn't get invited..can't please everyone everytime..but Sterling pleased everyone that was there and then some!..I'm glad we got the invite and it was a great time cooking against all of those great teams!..again I can't say this enough..THANK YOU STERLING!!

I never cried and could careless who you invited or didnt. I said it looked like a great comp, you can obviously take a compliment but not an observation. Congrats on raising money, that's awesome, never questioned the integrity of the comp or its success. I was just observing that there were a lot of great teams that were not there. Take it how you want, could careless.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
I never cried and could careless who you invited or didnt. I said it looked like a great comp, you can obviously take a compliment but not an observation. Congrats on raising money, that's awesome, never questioned the integrity of the comp or its success. I was just observing that there were a lot of great teams that were not there. Take it how you want, could careless.
You could care less?.why the hell post about it then?..the fact some great teams were left off was impossible to avoid because of the venue layout..secondly it was his contest and he invited who he wanted to invite..anyone and everyone that was at that event was blown away and then some..he did something great for bbq and something that had never been done prior..even if I didn't have the honor to cook that event I would have attended and my thoughts would still be the same..it was awesome and I'm sorry you missed it.
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:
[url]http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html[/url]
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #54
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
You could care less?.why the hell post about it then?..the fact some great teams were left off was impossible to avoid because of the venue layout..secondly it was his contest and he invited who he wanted to invite..anyone and everyone that was at that event was blown away and then some..he did something great for bbq and something that had never been done prior..even if I didn't have the honor to cook that event I would have attended and my thoughts would still be the same..it was awesome and I'm sorry you missed it.
Once again, never questioned his intent or success. Stop getting so worked up over something that never happened. You are right it was his event he can do whatever he would like with it. I am happy they raised money for a great cause. If you are trying to start an argument you picked the wrong person. Just stop being the defensive line of a worthless argument, making something out of nothing. I just noticed the list and saw that there were a lot of teams that weren't on there that I thought maybe should have been. That's all. get over it big matt and move on!

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #55
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Let me be the first to state a very deep observation...there were a lot of good and great teams left off. The difference between you and me is that if I was going to leave just one comment it would have been a different one than you left.

I can take an observation...seriously I agree that there were teams left off....4,000 teams competed and 24 got picked...I was giving you my observations.

Why bbqers have to critique everything? from Pitmasters, to Sams, to King of the Smokers? Sort of baffles me. Is BBQ better without people creating events or worse?

btw nice year 8 comps 2 rgc's and a GC.....good on ya!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #56
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Why bbqers have to critique everything? from Pitmasters, to Sams, to King of the Smokers? Sort of baffles me. Is BBQ better without people creating events or worse?
Well put. I feel you on the critique thing too. I've had a few "bbqers" come into my restaurant and tell my staff how they can make better BBQ than us. I'm sure they can cook 1 better brisket or 1 rack better than ours but try 1,000 pounds at once. And if you don't like it, go man your smoker for 10 hours and make it at home!

Same goes for your comp, TV shows, etc. If you think you can do a better job, quit bitching and go do it yourself!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
Once again, never questioned his intent or success. Stop getting so worked up over something that never happened. You are right it was his event he can do whatever he would like with it. I am happy they raised money for a great cause. If you are trying to start an argument you picked the wrong person. Just stop being the defensive line of a worthless argument, making something out of nothing. I just noticed the list and saw that there were a lot of teams that weren't on there that I thought maybe should have been. That's all. get over it big matt and move on!
First off I'm not worked up at all..and I'm over it as well..looking forward to next season
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:
[url]http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html[/url]
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #58
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Nice finish Matt 21! Blackjack! great gc1`

Old 12-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #59
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Let me be the first to state a very deep observation...there were a lot of good and great teams left off. The difference between you and me is that if I was going to leave just one comment it would have been a different one than you left.

I can take an observation...seriously I agree that there were teams left off....4,000 teams competed and 24 got picked...I was giving you my observations.

btw nice year 8 comps 2 rgc's and a GC.....good on ya!

All I was able to observe was the team list and thats what I based my observation on. your comp did a lot of great things good for you. I am not looking for an argument, I have plenty of people in my life to do that with. I actually think its a cool event, just observed, I will state it again, observed a lot of good teams not on the list. I dont know the logistics or the layout so I have no idea how you picked you teams and once again, dont really care, just an observation... 8 comps all while vending too! hahaha actually 3 rgc's, bbq brethren event in PA!

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine

Old 12-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #60
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Thank for the thanks and keep that week open next year!
So this will be on the same weekend next year? Just wanna tell those around me wayyyyyy ahead of time not to count on me for anything the weekend of the next one.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote