Calcultor

Parm

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey folks, any of you that make your own smokers, have you used the Feldon calculator available freely on the net. Just wanna know if it's any good

Yes, I used it when I built my cooker. Keep in mind that it is intended for offset pits and not vertical cabinets.......

Nice one folks, I'm just about to embark on making my first ever offset reverse flow cooker. The type where you have a horizontal cook chamber and the fire box lower down to one side.

My cook chamber will be 38" long with a diamter of 15". I've got a range of other gas bottles that will make the fire chamber.

The only money I'm spending of this is to get a packet of rods for the stick welder, everything else has been salvaged for nothing.

I kinda get the impression that you guys might thing cook chamber may be small but it's perfect for me and even getter that the calcs do my design some justice.

Any pics of the beasts you guys have built?

It really doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks as long as you are happy with it and the Q it produces, For many a 15” would be too small, but my fav is the first I built and it’s a 16”. And yes the calculator works but keep in mind its only a guide not the law, sometimes common sense will prevail.

It really doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks as long as you are happy with it and the Q it produces, For many a 15” would be too small, but my fav is the first I built and it’s a 16”. And yes the calculator works but keep in mind its only a guide not the law, sometimes common sense will prevail.

Thanks man you've hit the nail on the head, I'm gonna stick to the size as I'm limited by material choice, it's all free and only outlay is the welding rods. If I can make something that will feed three or four people then happy days. Also gotta remember on this side of the pond it's quite difficult to meat portions the size you guys have the luxury oF

Now that I've had some advice to confirm my concept I'm confident that it will work. Watch out for pics over the next few weeks.

A smoker built for less than about 20 quid or 30 dollars

Half the fun will be building it for me :)

Back