stuffed baked potato

chomper's bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I may do pork stuffed baked potatos for a fund raiser. Has anyone had experience baking the potatos the day before and reheating them as needed.
I don't want to tie up too much grill space during the contest baking potatos and I don't want to open and close the grill too much. Your help as always is appreciated.

This is EXACTLY why a guy needs more than one grill!!! :thumb:
I've reheated baked taters in an oven or even nuked 'em a little, don't see why not outside.

There is something about the taste of a day old baked potato that screams day old potato (to me). However, I prefer to cook taters a day ahead when making loaded potato skins. I simply scoop out some potato pulp and chunk it in hot oil to crisp it up the next next day. Then stuff with pork, jalapenos, bacon bits, and smother with cheese - bake until cheese is happy. Serve it up with sour cream, salsa, avacado, green onions or chives... so many options, so few ways to go wrong. Oh my, I think I will cook some taters today for tomorrow.

Sorry, this does not sound like it helps your situation, but I had a moment here. You flung a craving on me. :-D

Back