MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #46
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

What an Inspiring post, congrats to the lot of you

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #47
Phubar

Pharking jealous!

APL does Holland...I like the sounds of that! *hint,hint*

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador

Last edited by Phubar; 07-26-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #48
jonmhenderson
Full Fledged Farker

Aww yeah, burning the wood down to coals! Makes this ol traditionalist proud!
jonmhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #49
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Pharking jealous!

APL does Holland...I like the sounds of that! *hint,hint*
Australia's Warmer

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #50
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by APL View Post
Thanks for such an amazing post and thread. I'm having the time of my life doing this, creating a true slice of country in an urban Center has been a dream and doing it for 2 months only. I have a kicka$$ team and created that pit custom to my specs with J&R and mounted on a 45' flatbed trailer. The coal generater was manufactured for me at my dear friend Nicole Davenport's ranch in Texas. All the pecan is from Texas as well. I sleep there 3 nights a week and live In An airstream behind the whole thing. We start the coal production each night at 1am. I welcome all of you and hope you do say hello. If I am able and not cutting, I would really like to show you guys around.
Regarding the price, it's a steal. Would be $30+ in a restaurant so please take advantage. Thanks to the awesomeness of the people at CAB, I'm able to charge what I do plus we cook 25% of our load for a different homeless shelter each night.
Cheers everyone and hope to see y'all soon.
APL
Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing you (and some Brethren) on Tuesday!

I'm even passing up the Kogi truck to go there! Seriously - I never pass up the Kogi truck, but this is something special. It's is a very cool thing you're doing on many levels. I plan on hitting this every week while it lasts.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #51
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

[quote=silverfinger;2565669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
^^^I'm thinking Tuesday at 11:30. Hopefully you can meat us there! Let's check in on Monday afternoon. [/

Well were just having all kinds of fun this summer

Just can't stop rubbing it in can you. I seriously had a dream last night where we went on a family vacation to California and I got to meet you guys there on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure we cooked whole hog at GTR's place too.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #52
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

HA,
If your dream looked anything like this it could have turned into a nightmare real fast

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #53
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post

Just can't stop rubbing it in can you. I seriously had a dream last night where we went on a family vacation to California and I got to meet you guys there on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure we cooked whole hog at GTR's place too.
Open invite dude - you are always welcome! We got room to put up you and yours and we'll get a piggy for y'all.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #54
slow-smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Great post Greg! Man I wish i lived closer. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast in the coming weeks.

-[B]Mike[/B]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]48" Klose Backyard Chef[/COLOR], Primo Oval XL[/SIZE]

Stealth-Grey Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
slow-smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #55
deguerre

Quote:
Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing you (and some Brethren) on Tuesday!

I'm even passing up the Kogi truck to go there! Seriously - I never pass up the Kogi truck, but this is something special. It's is a very cool thing you're doing on many levels. I plan on hitting this every week while it lasts.
Man. Now I'd REALLY like to meet this guy after seeing his post.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #56
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Great post gtr... I can only imagine how killer those shorties were. Thanks for the back story too. Sounds like a great cause.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #57
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Dang Greg! You get to go to all the Cool places. Great post!

I just can't get over the size of those ribs. They sure look mighty fine.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #58
gtr

Alrighty - I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow (Tuesday). Silverfinger, you still coming? Anybody else in?

Not sure what he'll be cooking and I don't really care - I'm gonna eat it!

I'll say it again - dude is doing this 3 days a week until 9/5. Anybody with any interest in BBQ and outdoor cooking should check this out. It's a rare opportunity and a very good thing.
WTFWGALD?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #59
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Alrighty - I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow (Tuesday). Silverfinger, you still coming? Anybody else in?

Not sure what he'll be cooking and I don't really care - I'm gonna eat it!

I'll say it again - dude is doing this 3 days a week until 9/5. Anybody with any interest in BBQ and outdoor cooking should check this out. It's a rare opportunity and a very good thing.
Im in!
Whats the address?

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #60
gtr

From his website:

6834 Hollywood Blvd., enter from the alley
Hollywood, CA 90028

If you're driving (I'm taking the rail from Universal City) park in the parking structure at Hollywood and Orange (I think it's $4). The parking structure is right exactly next to where APL is cooking/serving. It's a couple blocks west of Highland, across Hollywood Blvd. from Mann's Chinese Theater. Remember it's summer in Hollywood - traffic can be nasty but the scenery is nice!
WTFWGALD?