MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Gator pits on discovery

Anyone else watch the Discovery channels show on Gator pits [ king of the grill ]?
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
tb80
Take a breath!

I tried, but when I saw the mom wanting to wash the son's truck because the son was too busy I changed channels.
tb80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is it a new show/episode?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
TalonBrew
On the road to being a farker

Caught the end, but had to turn it off.... the fake "drama" in the editing was over the top.

I was hoping for better.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb80 View Post
I tried, but when I saw the mom wanting to wash the son's truck because the son was too busy I changed channels.
I did pretty much the same thing. Though I changed it when he explained how many man hours were going into the pit during a supposed 5-day build, ~1200.

It didn't quite add up, that would be 20-guys working 12-hour shifts over the entire week. And he conveniently forgot that they were having their huge community BBQ that week too?

I know that they set all this up for TV but this was just way too much bullchit to be even remotely interesting.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Bludawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonBrew View Post
Caught the end, but had to turn it off.... the fake "drama" in the editing was over the top.

I was hoping for better.
You said a Mouf full. Reality Tv SUXXXXSSS. RItch is a nice guy. I can't believe he would stoop that low, I reckon every one has a Price. JM2C here but the only people that should watch Reality TV are Double wide dwellers and Jerry Springer Rejects.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
rw02kr43
Full Fledged Farker

Default show

I tried but it seems like a cross between American Chopper and Duck Dynasty. Without the good parts of either one.

Jason
rw02kr43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
You said a Mouf full. Reality Tv SUXXXXSSS. RItch is a nice guy. I can't believe he would stoop that low, I reckon every one has a Price. JM2C here but the only people that should watch Reality TV are Double wide dwellers and Jerry Springer Rejects.
Hey bludawg, tell us how you really feel about this.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
PatAttack

Well, I guess I can erase that from the DVR...

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

Its the same old thing Fast and Loud, OCC, Overhaulin any of the motorcycle build off show all have the bogus dead lines with no time, yet in the end they all manage to bring it in on time.
Tv use to be my friend but no more.
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
jamus34
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Hey bludawg, tell us how you really feel about this.
Gotta say I agree with him...

I watch the news long enough to hear the weather...besides sports and movies the only other thing I watch is How It's Made (or other discovery shows, but mainly that one).

gave up on TV a LOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

22.5 OTS, 22.5 WSM, SJG (and soon to have the tamale pot mini-WSM conversion built)

Stealth gray Thermopen

jamus34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Uomograsso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
+1 on the over the top "reality" shows. But it is almost a 30 min commercial for Gator Pits which is probably why he did the show.
Uomograsso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
Lockon
Full Fledged Farker

So you are saying I didn't miss anything
Lockon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
blues_drummer
Got Wood.

You didn't miss anything - Have to say, even if he got the pit built on time, showing on national tv that you ignore phone calls from your client asking where you are when you are about to deliver, would make me NEVER want to buy a pit from you, no matter how good/fancy it is. That's just not a good way to show how you do business.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
jlondon

I actually enjoyed it. Maybe I just don't watch enough TV to be so weary of the formula. Yes, it was obviously contrived. Yes, they packed it with enough quirky stock-characters to broaden the appeal, but it still held my attention for most of it. I think this was probably a pilot episode. Don't know that anything'll come of it, and don't know that I would "follow" it if it did...but then, like I said, I don't watch that much TV to begin with. If you've "work" of some kind or another to do but enjoy breezy entertainment in the background to periodically tune in and out of, this'll get her done just fine.
jlondon is offline   Reply With Quote