Pork bulgogi

I now have a plan for the tenderloins I picked up on special last weekend. Sweet! :thumb:

Is that the way you're supposed to eat them, over lettuce? or is that something you came up with on your own?

I now have a plan for the tenderloins I picked up on special last weekend. Sweet! :thumb:

Is that the way you're supposed to eat them, over lettuce? or is that something you came up with on your own?

I believe that's a standard method, maybe not in Korea, but here anyway. We use the lettuce leaves as wraps. Also can add grated carrots, sliced pear, crushed peanuts, etc. It's basically a burro without the complex carbs. My wife was sick, so I was in charge, and it was just meat and lettuce. :becky: I actually didn't have time to even eat, but ran out of the house to pick up our daughter from color guard practice. Was sure hungry when I got back.

Looks great ecode!

Somebody email or call Gore and tell him that his account has been hacked!

Now that's funny. She was sick on the sofa, and she sure told me I cut the pork too thick. :roll: I did that all myself, ... really, I did. All of it.... Honest.

Looks great, Gore - love Korean tacos! :thumb:Try adding some roasted cloves of garlic to the lettuce cups next time if you want to be super authentic.

I did notice however...there wasn't any parsley. Did you run out? :confused:

Looks great, Gore - love Korean tacos! :thumb:Try adding some roasted cloves of garlic to the lettuce cups next time if you want to be super authentic.

I did notice however...there wasn't any parsley. Did you run out? :confused:

yes, normally I would have put cilantro on that, but I was all out. We had some just before Christmas, but the cold of the last week wiped it all out. I like the idea of the roast garlic cloves. I could live off those things. :becky:

Looks good. Maybe next time try grilling it but use a frog mat so you don't loose anything through the grates.:thumb:

First off that really looked and I want to try that...Secondly, with the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a frog mat? Can a brother enlighten me on this?

That looks great I thought that frog mats could only be used with indirect heat. Try a pizza crisper That has holes and is teflon

First off that really looked and I want to try that...Secondly, with the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a frog mat? Can a brother enlighten me on this?

Visit
www.frogmats.com
They're sold through Amazon and many other places.

I use mine all the time. They're great for salmon, bacon, and anything that is a little fragile.

I do note this disclaimer on the website:

"Not Recommended for use directly over Fire or Flames. Use for Indirect heating and Food Dehydrators and Smoking only!"

They are good to 550*, so that is really high indirect heat. :twitch:

Gore, since I've not had bulgogi before your post makes me think
maybe I,ve missed some good eating.:thumb:

That's a great idea, but I believe frogmats are only rated for lower heat. I do have one of those metal vegetable-grilling trays with a bunch of holes it it. I used it before but it was a real pain to clean. Don't get me wrong, this was still very much worth eating and I will be put into the regular rotation, it just could have been a bit better.

Maybe one of these might be better.

http://webernation.weber.com/grilling-inspiration/01_04_2013

I saw that earlier. I like the idea that the juice gets drained on the side. I would like to see more exposure to the flame. I just don't know. I definitely have a space issue for storage and that has a pretty big footprint.

The exposure to the flame is better when used with the Weber grate but then your also pushing about $100 for both and you have two items to store.

308835_lg.jpg

I could be wrong, but I can see that being a real pain to clean. Yeah, I'm just going to whine and complain all day. I think what I'd like is a tray with a bunch of holes in it, but made of some non-stick material..., and it should be good size, not one of these weenie-sized ones they sell. Found any of those yet? :pop2:

I Googled "tray with a bunch of holes in it, but made of some non-stick material" and this was the only hit maybe you can find your answer there.

Nicely done Gore, a wild venture into Q-talk.

Back