Burn drum burn! Pron

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362247243.748940.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362247261.129247.jpg

Notice the damn dog pissing in the backyard. But everything is coming together just nice!

not enough smoke , I expected a visit from the Fire Dept. when I burned mine out

I did the same thing today! Always fun! I almost set the yard on fire, but got it contained. That's one way to get rid of the stupid Bermuda grass. No Pics though. Wife had the camera at her baby shower. I told her the pron comes first. She disagreed. :rolleyes:
Mike

I burned out my barrel as well today. I built it all out last night except for the fire basket that I did while the fire was going. I do have one question I hope someone can answer for me. The actual barrel looks great and burned well but I'm not sure what else needs to be done to the lid. I am using a flat barrel lid without the bung and with a lever ring clamp. I drilled 8 - 3/4" holes in the lid for exhaust ventilation but whenever I put the lid on the barrel the flames obviously went way down.

What do I do to burn out the lid to the same level that the barrel is burned out? Getting a weber dome is not an option at the moment as I am not willing to buy one new and I haven't seen any used grills for sale in my area. I have already spent about double what I was thinking I would on this thing and I haven't even thrown any meat on it.

Thanks for advice.

How do get the lid of the barrel to burn out? I built my UDS Friday and Saturday and burned out the barrel yesterday but couldn't get the lid to completely burn out. Whenever I put the lid on the fire died down even if I set it off to the side leaving a large area uncovered. I have a flat lid without the bung holes but drilled 8 - 3/4" holes for the exhaust.

Nice......but your picture is missing something.......:mrgreen:

re6ave2y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Some will call it water. Ill still say it has alcohol in it. But I will call it CHEAP! For the poor man who builds a UDS it does the job.
pe5ezu7y.jpg

I'm with ya! Sometimes it's more about quantity than quality. :mrgreen:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back