WE can All give up now on brisket

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

I did not take pictures and I should have or a video as I knew for certain I would be making a peice of chit.

I just MICRO - Pressurecooked a 5 lb flat in the microwave with beef stock and some rub, then smoked it on a small weber grill (I found on the road) with about 25" green red oak.

The brisket was delicious and took me 2:43 minutes. What the FARK!!!!!!????????

What, you think we are gonna try this new brisket method?

I'm just gonna walk away slowly and pretent I didn't read that....

If the microwave was on the bottom shelf, and the carousel moved slowly it could qualify (somehow, somewhere) as low and slow...

If you start with a Power Level of 2 or 3 on the carousel for the first 45 seconds, you'll get the smoke ring....Then jack the power level up to about 8 or 9 for the finish on the the top rack (hot spot) and you'll really build the bark...

nails it every time :biggrin:

Pressure cooking is what happens when you oversleep and have an 11 AM turn in time. :p

So instead of road kill you're now working with road grill. I hope the thing didn't suffer too much. And if we don't experiment I guess we'll never know. And thanks for the vid in your tag. Now thems some good butts.

I have struggled with brisket for years but have now seen the light. Thank you for sharing this method with us. I was about to toss a butt on the UDS today but now I can wait until a few minutes before the superbowl starts use this method :mrgreen:

I cooked this one on defrost mode to get a real good smoke ring.

Thanks for the idea Funk!

Brisket1.JPG

With the direction KCBS is going, we should be able to convince them to allow microwaves in comps. :roll:

headed to the penalty box now...

Have been hesitant to do a brisket 'till now. Looks like a winner. Have pressure cooker. Will travel.

Swanson "Brisket in a Pouch" - Real BBQ Pitmasters Flavor in 5 minutes!

Back