B&B Charcoal Review

Porcine Perfection

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our Walmart Neighbor Mart has B&B Oak Lump Charcoal for $12.88 for a 20lb. bag. The newest review on Naked Wiz was in 2004 so I thought I would do an updated one here. This review is cooking a brisket on a Humphrey Battle Box with a Stoker ATC.

Lump Condition - Some nice chunks in the bag with the usual amount of shake in the bottom of the bag. I did not find any rocks or other trash.

Burn Time - Burn time was above average. A heaping full firebox burned 14 hours with still some left. Above average from what I get from Royal Oak lump.

Ash - More ash than what I am normally used to but nothing terrible.

Flavor - Very neutral. Did not add any odd flavors.

Not sure I would make this my go to charcoal but the price is right if you need a bag between the big sales.

Tried the B&B hickory lump I liked it great size of lumps great burn time. I liked the flavor it gave better than Royal oak.

Long time user of B&B. When Ozark Oak went away it was my go to. I Kind of take it for granted. It’s always in stock at Academy about 1/2 mi away. I prefer the Hickory in green bag but all are top shelf coals. Their Briquettes and Comp Logs are excellent as well.
I experiment a lot with coals. I’ve never been disappointed in B&B.

Love that stuff but can't get it out this way anymore. :doh:

I've been using it in my kamado since about Christmas time after my local Walmart stopped carrying royal oak. Its been great so far. Large, consistent lump size, and good burn time. It pops a little when being lit, but that doesn't bother me..

Back