BBQ Pork Belly/Crnitas with pron

jestridge

somebody shut me the fark up.
Did some BBq pork belly and carnitas today
Cousin give me some pork belly yesterday it had already been cure with tender quick
DSCN9474.jpg

smoke half of it for bacon the other piece for bbq did it like ribs
DSCN9477.jpg

took bacon to 140
DSCN9479.jpg

smoke bacon slice
DSCN9496.jpg

BBQ belly good stuff
DSCN9493.jpg

smoke the butt for 3 hr for carnitas then Dutch oven
DSCN9488.jpg

DSCN9489.jpg

DSCN9487.jpg

Also did pork butt everything turn out great

Last edited:
MMmm boy that looks middy fine jestridge, nice lookin’ farm also, if you need any deer or turkey thinned out around there I’m your man. :biggrin:

Looks great brother.
Tried to buy some pork bellies here in the Midwest.........They only sell it in 80# case lots.
I would love to try and make my own bacon, sure dont need that much though!

Fortunately, pork belly here is common. I'm going to need to try that out!

BTW, looks GREAT

You are speaking my language, I love smoked pork bellies. I usually fry some up to make chicharon. That looks great.

Good lookin' eats!!! I like the cooktop in the last pic, mind sharin' a few specs please? Thanks, John

Good lookin' eats!!! I like the cooktop in the last pic, mind sharin' a few specs please? Thanks, John
It really a cajun microwave built out of some junk we had laying around the grill on top have no ideal what it was it came from a junk yard. Matter of fact i give it to my cousin he going to use it at his deer camp

That pork belly looks nice. I have been thinking about one since last week when I seen Emeril do one in the oven with some Asian marinade. How do you eat it? Do you pull it like butt or slice it? Is there a lot of fat?

I did that one just like ribs 3+2+1 method even slice it like a rib Think of it as boneless ribs there is a lot of fat but it sure taste good. Ribs are cut from the pork belly or side meat as we call it here in Ky

It really a cajun microwave built out of some junk we had laying around the grill on top have no ideal what it was it came from a junk yard. Matter of fact i give it to my cousin he going to use it at his deer camp

Thank you, I appreciate it. Sorry for the thread hijak...John

Back