1st timer results

S

Smokeneyes

Ok so the Keansburg Fire C0#1 team ( Bucket O' Trouble ) went to the "No fire just smoke in Hillsborough, NJ sat. There were 14 teams. We did 9th in ribs, 13th in chicken (sob sob) and 9th in Chiefs choice (we did a london broil) not great results but for 3 1st timers and no clue whatsoever I can hold my head up. There was a Brethren there but thier name escapes me. (great lamb they had) So we forge ahead and look for our next contest.

Nothing to Sob about!

Proud of you!!!!!!!!

Have Fun?
Gonna compete agian?
If so----Welcome to the Dark Side :oops:
TIM

Good for you, this was my rookie year and my 1ST wasnt even close to what you did , I started in Yardley!, Good show Bretheren!!!

Great job on your first event.

We seem to be on a roll with chicken. We got a 1st in chicken and bombed in ribs like always. This was our first time in Hillsborough and we had a blast. They had a great band that played all day, free Snapple, and a ton of free stuff from 101.5 radio.

The only downfall was that little gate to get in. I scraped the fenders of the trailer going in and someone blew out a tire hitting the fence on the way out!

Mike

The wife's from Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ and Pig Pen BBQ competed under the name of Beauty and the Beasts BBQ. They received a 3rd in ribs (3 way tie for first) and a 4th overall. I have to say the all women team did a good job.

Looks to me like you did allright. Just as long as you had fun and made new friends!! That's all that really matters.

Ok so the Keansburg Fire C0#1 team ( Bucket O' Trouble ) went to the "No fire just smoke in Hillsborough, NJ sat. There were 14 teams. We did 9th in ribs, 13th in chicken (sob sob) and 9th in Chiefs choice (we did a london broil) not great results but for 3 1st timers and no clue whatsoever I can hold my head up. There was a Brethren there but thier name escapes me. (great lamb they had) So we forge ahead and look for our next contest.

13th in chicken is perfectly acceptable. Ask Sledneck:mrgreen:

Thanks people. I had a great time and am looking forward to our next try.

the team next to you serving the lamb was Swamp Pit BBQ :)

Glad you liked our lamb, cause two of the judges hated it...lol

Not a great contest for us, but then there is always next time :mrgreen:

Are you going to compete in Sayville in October?

Back