Butt help ASAP!

Georgiaboy98

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm cooking 2 10lbs butts right now they have been on since 4 am I have to have them ready @ 1130 for lunch! I smoked @ 250 untill internal temp was 150 and then wrapped. What temp do y'all think would be good now to get ready @ 1130? Thanks for your help in advance!:icon_smile_tongue:

I did a 8# @ 250* last sat. Took 12 hrs to hit 185.
Anxious to see what it takes.

Hey guys I'm cooking 2 10lbs butts right now they have been on since 4 am I have to have them ready @ 1130 for lunch! I smoked @ 250 untill internal temp was 150 and then wrapped. What temp do y'all think would be good now to get ready @ 1130? Thanks for your help in advance!:icon_smile_tongue:

That's some tight time pressure to put yourself under and only smoke at 250*.

At this point, I would jack it up to 300, maybe add some liquid inside the foil to encourage the braising action. Personally, I would probably bring it in to the oven to make sure I had the heat on it.

Also, get some appetizers ready to hold the guests over until 12 in case the process takes a little longer!

Good luck,

Rock

I would say oven, as mentioned above. Should of left yourself more time.

If it were me and since they are already wrapped I would push the temp up to 275 / 300 and wake that Bludawg guy up to see what he thinks. I would think you have to deal with the stall. If you want to eat the pork at 11:30 you will need to let it rest at least an hour which means it should come off at 10:30.

I have at 300 now and we will just have to see what happens! I know I should have started earlier but I did'nt 4 was as earliest I could start without cooking them yesterday.

Stay cool man. You'll pull it off. They'll understand. If everybody starts drinking some cold beer I bet it'll turn out good. Afterall, it is Friday!! :boxing:

If they are wrapped and you have service at 1130am, take the temperature up to 350 degrees. At 300 you will still be cutting it close and if it does make it, you wont have any time to rest it.

To test for doneness wiggle the bone and if it comes out, meat is done.

If you do not get to that point before 1030am, I would suggest you serve sliced pork. It is just as tasty and makes great sammiches also.

If they are wrapped and you have service at 1130am, take the temperature up to 350 degrees. At 300 you will still be cutting it close and if it does make it, you wont have any time to rest it.

To test for doneness wiggle the bone and if it comes out, meat is done.

If you do not get to that point before 1030am, I would suggest you serve sliced pork. It is just as tasty and makes great sammiches also.

350 or more.They're not going to burn if you've already wrapped them.

I have at 300 now and we will just have to see what happens! I know I should have started earlier but I did'nt 4 was as earliest I could start without cooking them yesterday.

If you wanted it done by lunch time, you should have started them at 10pm the night before, but thats if you were able to.

Always give yourself plenty of time when doing long low and slow cooks.

You got 'em wrapped you might as well xfer to the oven crank it to 400 they should finish in two hrs. Then just turn off the oven crack the door for 20 min then shut it and let then ride it down until your ready to pull.

Well done, and whew. Yeah, probably need to run those at 280-300 the whole time. 6.5 to 7 hour cook is tight, 250 wouldn't get 'ya there....

Good luck.

Back