Lang 60 Patio?

E

El Lobo

I want a bigger backyard smoker. I like the 48 Patio from Lang, but want larger.

Anyone here have a 60 WITHOUT the trailer?

PM Divemaster... Lang 60 Patio

I sent Lang a message through their website form. There is NO doubt in my mind their stuff is SOLID. I'm convinced that's the way to go based on what I read here.

Is Divemaster with Lang? Sorry don't know all the names yet. This place is HUGE! :becky:

I had contact with the guys at Lang about two months ago. They were super helpful and I KNOW they make a quality product. The distance was the what did me in...too much to go pick it up myself or have delivered. Not that the rates were unreasonable. The distance was just too much for only getting a backyard model. Now when I upgrade to a trailer pit in about 5 years...then I'll get a Lang.

I had contact with the guys at Lang about two months ago. They were super helpful and I KNOW they make a quality product. The distance was the what did me in...too much to go pick it up myself or have delivered. Not that the rates were unreasonable. The distance was just too much for only getting a backyard model. Now when I upgrade to a trailer pit in about 5 years...then I'll get a Lang.

Smoker selection in Canada is a joke, I've got no choice but do the legwork myself and head down south. I'll be heading from Ontarioto get one. Only gonna do that once I figure so what the heck.

Hopefully I hear back from them with the details I need.

If anyone has any advice on any customizations lemmie know!!

Thanks to all so far.

Just to throw a wrench into your plans. Meadow Creek in Pennsylvania makes a 120 gallon very similar to the Lang. They are more expensive but are also a lot closer to where you are coming from. Check them out at Meadow Creek Smokers.

Hog Tails Bar-B-Que
Contact Person: Chris Corrigan
645 Laurelwood Dr.
Waterloo, Ontario N2V2W9
Phone: 519-888-9911
Fax: 519-888-0238
Email: inquiry@hogtailsbbq.com

According to Meadowcreek's site, this guy is one of their distributors. I love my MC and don't know anybody who doesn't love theirs. Also, seeing you are from The Great North, they also have insulated fireboxes as an option on all of their big pits.

Got my Lang 84 last month, cooked 6 butts last night in 60mph winds and it held temp like the 4th of July. It cooks much better than I expected it would.

Just to throw a wrench into your plans. Meadow Creek in Pennsylvania makes a 120 gallon very similar to the Lang. They are more expensive but are also a lot closer to where you are coming from. Check them out at Meadow Creek Smokers.

Well because Lang is a little slow on the emails, I'll take the time to check out all the good guys. I'm in Canada, so no matter where I buy in the States, I still have the same BS to deal with at the border. PA is waaaay closer to me, it's a day trip at that.

It's a pity Canada has not pit builders. Smoking just isn't that big here, but you wouldn't know that if you came by my place to see all the people that come over for the wares of out craft.

I'm got a ton of 'issues' to work out with picking a cooker - size, location, customs, shipping, brokerage, and so on. But like I said, it's a once in a while purchase so I ain't sweatin' it.

I will definitely take a look at Meadow Creek. Their stuff is very nice looking.

Got my Lang 84 last month, cooked 6 butts last night in 60mph winds and it held temp like the 4th of July. It cooks much better than I expected it would.

So are the new Lang's flat-sided on the ends? I notice on their site, they seem to indeed be flat, like water heaters, whereas the ones I looked at a few years ago were round-ended like propane tanks.

Is my observation correct?

You are correct. Lang formerly used new tanks for their smokers. They now roll 1/4" steel to make the chambers and weld flat stock to close the ends. The steel on the tanks was slightly thinner at 3/16". Meadow Creek cookers are made from tanks.

Back