Recently purchased a Bandera by Charbroil AKA New B...

B

breambuster

Any suggestions for making it an excellent smoker...I have seen several messages that refer to a baffle or chargroil grate...Just looking for some help in how to make those things or if they are really necessary...Any help would be appreciated!

breambuster said:
Any suggestions for making it an excellent smoker...I have seen several messages that refer to a baffle or chargroil grate...Just looking for some help in how to make those things or if they are really necessary...Any help would be appreciated!

Download this. That will give you a start. Come back often with questions! That's why we are here. Most importantly, have fun and let us know how things go!:grin:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index&req=getit&lid=95

MrSmoker said:
Do the mods and then get a Spicewine basket, your going to love it :eusa_clap

...said the man who has a BSKD and Bandera that have both been modified.:eusa_clap

I would get a remote thermometer or two (or a dual probe model, like the Maverick) so that you can monitor the smoke and meat temperatures while you smoke. This feature becomes more and more appreciated here in Michigan as the snow starts to fall!

Also, as nearly everyone here who owns a Bandera will tell you, the smoke chamber baffle is very important for getting uniform temperatures in the smoke chamber. Also, make sure you always use the water bowl, even if you are not using water in it, as it has a very important secondary effect of diffusing the hot smoke evenly through the chamber.

Finally, the firegrate mod will help you to get more consistent, longer burning fires than you can get with the "stock" grate. Just make sure you use at least 1/2" expanded metal or the ash will build up in it and start to choke the fire.

Throw some meat on and have fun!

Jorge said:
...said the man who has a BSKD and Bandera that have both been modified.:eusa_clap

And 2 spicewines on order along with a toyhauler to tote em in. I think he may be obsessed.

Arlin_MacRae said:
You're right, Brian....

Shoot, does it even come with K's on them anymore?

Yea I checked cefore I posted, don't want to give out bad information.

Back