• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Monday Night Egg Pizza

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We haven't had pizza on the Egg for way too long, so tonight was Monday Night Egg Pizza Night!

I started out with whole wheat curst from Trader Joes. I had a heck of a time getting the dough shaped even close to round. I've been accused of making flowery shaped pizza in the past, so i wanted to get it close this time :becky: After trying few times and ripping the crust Parsley Lady took over. She was one handed since she cut herself on the V-slicer when she was slicing the green peppers, but she still did a better job than me!

I also had a hard time with the Egg tonight. It just didn't want to get above 300 degrees. I used my Third Eye Wiggle Rod, stirred the lump, opened the vents all the way and finally, after almost 90 minutes it started burning properly and climbed to 500 degrees. It's been very humid around here so I am wondering if the lump was damp.

Well, I was finally able to ook the pizza. We made one that was sausage and cheese for our daughter (no pics of that one) and one for us that had sausage, mushrooms, onions and green peppers (and cheese, of course!). I alway pile on the ingredients so the piza cooked for about 18 minutes at 500 degrees. It ended up pretty good!

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

Last edited:
im glad you were able to ook.

You have to show me how you do that.. and after you show me, I will give u a lesson on non flowery pizza, with pineapples and invisible tomato sauce.

ok.. someone point me to the penalty box. :)

That looks really good! :clap2:

I know what you mean about getting the dough round, I have only done a couple and it was tough to make it resemble a pizza crust.

Also glad to hear someone else has issues with the Egg and temps. I was starting to think it was just me.

im glad you were able to ook.

You have to show me how you do that.. and after you show me, I will give u a lesson on non flowery pizza, with pineapples and invisible tomato sauce.

ok.. someone point me to the penalty box. :)

This way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looks good Ron

Yum! A really nice looking pie. It sounds like it might be time for the Oh-so-fun firebox cleanout.

Probably, although I did it only a couple of cooks ago.

Do you cook it on the aluminum foil?

Nope. I used the BGE pizza stone. The foil was just covering a cookie sheet that i set it on for cutting. I didn't want to cut it on my peel.

i have never had pizza on the Q is it good or does it smell greasy/smokey/bbqy

Not if you do it right :-D You need a clean burning fire just like cooking anything else. If you have that then you get a light smoke flavor like you would on a roast or steak.

Thanks it was just a little cut. All of our cutting tools are kept sharp. I didn't want to be the only one in the family needing a bandage during prep.:-D

They need to make Crocs with steel toes for that guy you live with:wink:

I didn't want to be the only one in the family needing a bandage during prep.:-D
No no no no no! You were supposed to be GIVING knife safety lessons to Ronelle, not taking them from him.:-D
I knew there was a reason why this pie looked better than usual.:wink: This is why I let Redhot do the plating now.

Back