Poker-nite Brisket...Pron

PaSmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had my brothers/bro-in-law over yesterday for some poker....7 lb brisket flat...."Plagiarized" a lot of this meal from John/PatioDaddio, thanks for the tips/recipes John!... put it on the drum at 350 fat cap down....1.75 hours til 165 internal...foiled with a drizzle of honey on each side, fat cap up about 1/2 cup beer in the foil, wrapped tight and back on the drum...took the brisket to 190 internal and off the smoker...mixed the "love juice" in the foil with some Sweet Baby Ray's and some rub for a mop...back on the drum no foil and mopped each side about 10 min each to firm up the bark....reduced the mop with some dijon to make a killer sauce.....put some vidalias on the smoker with some sweet potatos....also 2 chubs of pepperoni, slathered and rubbed, great if you never tried it....all the grease renders out and the pepperoni gets "light", real tasty....grilled up some grape tomatoes and mixed with the smoked onions....grilled romaine halves drizzled with olive oil and fig balsamic, salt, pepper and some blue cheese....great dinner but lost my shirt in cards!

004-7.jpg

007-6.jpg

010-5.jpg

024-2.jpg

020-3.jpg

027-1.jpg

Looks awesome....wait... doesn't Plowboy's rub have MSG???:laugh:
Seriously though, looks awesome, and I KNOW it was if you used Plowboy's Bovine Bold rub.

Back