London Broil?

B

BlkJeep

Picked up 4# London Broil today. I did a mini search only to find out that most treat it like steak. I really just wanted to throw in in the oven since the kettle is iced over. Any ideas? :confused: I was thinking about celery salt and black pepper, foil it and toss it in the oven. Kinda like a brisket? (Night train mod)

It is probably too lean to treat like a brisket. Why not in the oven at 350 and cook until medium rare to medium?

Well that will be what we're going to try! Just checking with the masses first. Thanks Ron L

If you can't grill it, I'd broil it, then slice across the grain very thin. Temp should be about 135

I like to marinate overnight before cooking. Reverse sear on the kettle is my preferred method, but I agree with Chef Jim's suggestion to broil it.

LB is a tough cut of meat but doesn't do well when cooked past medium rare therefore high heat until MR is the best method. Then cut real thin across the grain, make some mashed taters and gravy and a veggie to please the arteries. Good luck.

I think across the grain is incredibly important here. Cut with the grain and you will be chewing a lot.

If it is small enough to get in an oven safe pan, I would get the pan smoking hot with a little oil in it. Make sure the oven is pre-heated to 425 or so.

Make sure the LB is as dry as you can get it and season with salt and pepper. Sear one side in the pan for 2 or 3 minutes to create a nice crust, flip and sear one minute or so and then place the pan and LB in the oven for a few minutes until it hits your desired temp.

For this method to be most effective the LB needs to be pretty thick, otherwise it will be real easy to overcook.

This way you now have a nice base in the pan to deglaze for a sauce:thumb:

Back