Cherokee Pignic Canton, GA

Redheart

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any Brethren in the area interested in teaming up for this comp to compete in the Backyard Division? I would love to compete in this but would love a team member to help split the work load and more importantly to share in the fun and the prize money!:mrgreen:

The comp is on October 16th & 17th in Heritage Park. Here is a link to the site to see what is offered. I am thinking of entering the ancillary comps too! I gotta a dessert that I think could do the trick.

Any Brethren in the area interested in teaming up for this comp to compete in the Backyard Division? I would love to compete in this but would love a team member to help split the work load and more importantly to share in the fun and the prize money!:mrgreen:

The comp is on October 16th & 17th in Heritage Park. Here is a link to the site to see what is offered. I am thinking of entering the ancillary comps too! I gotta a dessert that I think could do the trick.

Also I was given the opportunity to sit in with Uncle Buds this weekend at the Atlanta BBQ comp at Turner Field. I pitched in where and when needed but most importantly I had an opportunity to learn quite a bit about what judges are looking for and how to achieve it.:wink:

Let's team up and give it a go.

My wife and I might be interested, but we would do the pro category. Also, I have to look to see when the Taste of Acworth is, as we are thinking about that as well. Let me know if you are interested.

My wife and I might be interested, but we would do the pro category. Also, I have to look to see when the Taste of Acworth is, as we are thinking about that as well. Let me know if you are interested.
Noah,
Thanks for the interest. Let me know about the Taste of Acworth dates, I am very interested in talking with you. I was just visiting the Nauti-Que website when the subscription told me you had posted to this thread. Maybe it is serendipity.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Glad to hear that! Just so you know, we didn't compete last year, and the contest in Kennesaw let us know we needed the practice! Although we are amateurs, the pro caregory os the only way to go! Plus, it isn't any fun if you don't do the brisket...

I understand the concept of pro vs backyard but to tell ya the truth I live in an apartment and only have 2 small Brinkman Smoke N Grill's. The are a lot easier to lug up and down stairs, also I am currently, how shall I say it? Oh yeah ... unemployed. I don't really have the funds to compete on the pro level so I thought I would give the Backyard a go this time around.

Well, let's get together and talk things out. We are pretty tight as well, but where there is a will... also, we have almost all the gear needed.

Well, let's get together and talk things out. We are pretty tight as well, but where there is a will... also, we have almost all the gear needed.

Check your private message and give me a call. We have to register by the 25th in order to avoid late fees.

Back