**PRON ALERT**Gettin' my new Weber Cast Iron Grate dirty...among other things

Smoke & Beers

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So my new Weber Cast Iron Grate came in this week (perfect timing for Fathers Day :mrgreen:) and I just had to get 'er dirty...
Here we are getting started on my CL Performer score with a couple of baked potatos...
IMG_0770.jpg

Now a couple of Choice Ribeyes...
IMG_0790.jpg

(Sorry about the picture...100% humidity today...and No, it wasn't from me breathing hard)
Getting closer...
IMG_0796.jpg

The Finished Product...
IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Now...for the added bonus...
Here's the 5th drum that I've built so far...seasoning it today to be delivered tomorrow for a friend's father tomorrow...

IMG_0771.jpg

Good looking steak! And nice use of rebar.

BTW...I LOVE the Cast Iron Grate. Well worth the wait. Rolf...1st class product! Thank You!

Ok, now that I've seen one of those fancy cast-iron grates in action I might have to try it out. How was the clean up afterwards?

Ok, now that I've seen one of those fancy cast-iron grates in action I might have to try it out. How was the clean up afterwards?

Sweet! A wire brush and a little bit of oil and it was good to rest. Much nicer than the nickle plated Weber grate...
BTW...11:15 and the drum is still humming away at 225* ...9 hours now and still holdin'

Start construction on your 6th drum. i'll be over to pick it up at noon :biggrin::biggrin:. You can throw in one of those tasty steak dinners, and I'll take that bag of lump in the garage off your hands.

I'll trade you my 6 month old daughter. :biggrin::biggrin:

Did they come pre-seasoned? The marks look fantastic. I wonder if it soaks up a little more heat so the kettles tops temps are backed off a bit ..which isn't a bad thing. Most would be looking for the heat in the grates for sealing the meat.

Did they come pre-seasoned? The marks look fantastic. I wonder if it soaks up a little more heat so the kettles tops temps are backed off a bit ..which isn't a bad thing. Most would be looking for the heat in the grates for sealing the meat.

Yes, it came preseasoned, but I went ahead and oiled it up and got it good and hot for about an hour before I threw the grub on.
It didn't affect the kettles temps any...at least that I could tell.

Looks like the last day for 10.00 off. I just placed my order. I'll take photos and a review when I get them. Thanks everyone!

Back