Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pretty Good Barbecue

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Even though this is mostly a non-competition event, there will be a bit of competition with it... and it's the only place to do the 'Roll Call' as a prefix!

So who all is making it, and from where?

You know I'm there Curt. Probably won't be much competition with the more experienced Brethren, as I'm very junior league compared to most. But I can tend the fire and am willing to help in any way I can. Plus look forward to meeting some Brethren and serving the underserved in that community.

Let me know about the meat delivery on Friday if help is still needed.

Jeff, you never know how you'll do. :)

And the good news is that the meat will be delivered on Thursday, and Steve B. has it covered! I'm sure I'll come up with other stuff for Friday... I'll pm you my number tomorrow so we can talk.

You know I'll be there Curt.:-D

Can't wait.

I sent you a PM a while ago.

What time should we plan on being there on Saturday?

I'd like to come Friday but the wife gave me the Evil Eye when I asked.:roll:

i'll stop in sometime... can i bring my 34' rv?

We'll be set up for people to come in any time after noon... But if you want to help set up, we'll be there at 11 am.

And Rick, you're welcome any time... And if you can park your rig on the street, there's room on Main st.! :) Actually, other than on Sunday after 9:00 am, there's probably plenty of room.

I know we had a couple of changes in plans.
Is this going to be on pavement, stone or grass?
Any pics of the site?
I checked out the website but don't know which place we will be.

It's the Dayton site, not the Beavercreek site. I'm going to be there Sunday, and I'll get a shot. We'll be in grass, it looks like, but I'll know for sure Sunday.

The only change was when I was considering doing this in Beavercreek to them cart over to Dayton, but I changed my mind; this is for the Dayton neighborhood, and we'll be safe with enough guys, and the cops know we'll be there. If we can feed him some of those beef ribs (and there should be plenty of room to cook them), the cops will stick around.

Oh ya, i'll be there! Been really looking forward to this!
Bringing a couple of drums and may do a drum demo if any of the guys are interested!
Now were having a meat comp, an ABT and a fatty contest!! :eek:
Should be a busy but eventful night! Feel sorry for any farkers that fall asleep.....:twisted:
Will have the camera and take lots of pics!
Can't wait to see them Spicewines up close and personal! :shock:

Good luck with it Curt, hope you have great weather for it, I will be thinking of you guys........

I'm comin'! I'm comin'! All the way from beautiful Wyocena, WI. For those of you unfamiliar with Wisconsin geography, Wyocena is about 5 miles West of Rio and 3 miles South of Pardeeville.

I'll leave work early on Friday and drive to Chicago to meet up with Divemaster and tranfer gear from my car to his vehicle (I hope to win the smallest pit award with my WSM!)
I reckon we'll be leaving the Chicago area around 7:00am Saturday, and be in Dayton around noon. I have sent dates and times to my brother in Hillsboro OH, and hopefully he comes and checks it out too.
I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or keep a thought in my head [Shawshank mod]

I'm comin'! I'm comin'! All the way from beautiful Wyocena, WI. For those of you unfamiliar with Wisconsin geography, Wyocena is about 5 miles West of Rio and 3 miles South of Pardeeville.

I'll leave work early on Friday and drive to Chicago to meet up with Divemaster and tranfer gear from my car to his vehicle (I hope to win the smallest pit award with my WSM!)
I reckon we'll be leaving the Chicago area around 7:00am Saturday, and be in Dayton around noon. I have sent dates and times to my brother in Hillsboro OH, and hopefully he comes and checks it out too.
I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or keep a thought in my head [Shawshank mod]

smallest pit award? huh? :shock:

i'm bringing my mini egg, 9" diameter grid :biggrin:

I'm going to be there with my SusieQ. I'll have a lot of extra stuff, tables, charcoal, wood, etc. I'm bringing my coffee press and some good coffee.

Curt - will we have access to a stove? Hot water?
Do you have the address?

I'm planning on being there around 2-3 (wait for the kids to go down for a nap).

I know this might sound funny, but is smoking allowed?

I'm going to be there with my SusieQ. I'll have a lot of extra stuff, tables, charcoal, wood, etc. I'm bringing my coffee press and some good coffee.

Curt - will we have access to a stove? Hot water?
Do you have the address?

I'm planning on being there around 2-3 (wait for the kids to go down for a nap).
I know this might sound funny, but is smoking allowed?

if i may:
here's the church website:
dayton vineyard

address is 1222 N. Main St. Dayton, Ohio 45405

here's curt's other thread on the subject:
a pretty good barbeque

one question i have is where are you planning on sleeping if you are planning on sleeping? a tent? a cardboard box?

i don't live very far from the church if anyone wanted to stop in after the event on sunday

if i may:
here's the church website:
dayton vineyard

address is 1222 N. Main St. Dayton, Ohio 45405

here's curt's other thread on the subject:
a pretty good barbeque

one question i have is where are you planning on sleeping if you are planning on sleeping? a tent? a cardboard box?

i don't live very far from the church if anyone wanted to stop in after the event on sunday

As previously stated, i would advise against any sleeping.....:shock:
I would love to stop out and see your place Sunday before we go Rick, look forward to meeting you! :cool:

Last edited:
We'll have access to a full kitchen, with hot water, inside the church.

People can sleep in the church or in tents if they bring tents.

Smoking outside should be ok; I'll check tomorrow when I'm there.

I'm getting really keyed up. I'm doing my first BGE cook today to get used to it a bit.. 2 butts and 2 brisket flats, as well as a couple pork tenderloins.

I just looked at the extended forecast, and it looks perfect so far... Pray that it stays that way!

Hows the weather lookin now??
Not that it matters!
Did you say well hve electricity (canopy lights)?

Back