• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

18 pound brisket

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picked up an 18 pound brisket today. Had them seperate the point from the flat - flat weighs in at 12 pounds. Looking to serve it for supper tomorrow night - what time you guys figure I should put it on - I would like it to have some cooler time.

Thanks! L-M

Wow!

Picked up an 18 pound brisket today. Had them seperate the point from the flat - flat weighs in at 12 pounds. Looking to serve it for supper tomorrow night - what time you guys figure I should put it on - I would like it to have some cooler time.

Thanks! L-M

That's huge! My local Sam's Club (where I buy most brisket) only carries flats.

The biggest one I've ever seen there was about 6.5 pounds.

:frown::frown::frown:

JimT

12lb'er i would say start it around. 0300am or so and it should be ready to cooler by 430-500pm i usually run my briskets in the 230-240 range.

That's not a brisket, that's a whole cow.

I'd vote for the 18 hour time frame.

If you want cooler-time and are cooking in the 225 range I would have put it in an hour ago :rolleyes:

Just cook it a little hotter. It will be done in time. If them Texans can do a 9# briskets at 450 degrees in 4-5 hours, I'm not beyond cooking mine at 300-350.

Pron

Here is the before pron - this is a full sheet pan. Have to say the brisket looks better in real life then in these pics.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 135
  • shoulder.jpg
    shoulder.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 133
Fast Track that bad Boy. Get it done in 6 hours at 375!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put her on at 4:30 this morning, just checked the internal temp - it's hanging at 195 - gonna pull and cooler at 200. There has been a lot of shrinkage. The flat was really flat - so maybe that's why it's cooking quicker then I thought it would. The pork shoulder is running at around 175 - will also pull that once it hits about 200. Just threw on 4 fatties - none left in the freezer. Will take more pics later.

You get 'em in the cooler ... I'm leaving the house now ... be there as soon as I can :biggrin: Got me wanting brisket again (as if that's something new)!

You get 'em in the cooler ... I'm leaving the house now ... be there as soon as I can :biggrin: Got me wanting brisket again (as if that's something new)!

Remember to take the 272 exit off of 95 - unless you want to take 301 to 869 - then just turn right after the vets office - see you then!

That's huge, where did you get it from?
I'll be right up, how far are you from 896?

The Country Butcher

That's huge, where did you get it from?
I'll be right up, how far are you from 896?

About 2 miles....

Picked it up at the Country Butcher in Kennett Square.
http://www.countrybutchermarket.com/contact.html
We have been shopping there for about 15 years and Big Al worked for the owner when he was in high school way back when. All the meats in the shop are local - Lancester and Prime - Price difference between what I get there and what I can pick up at Giant or BJs is worth it to me - I get to support a local guy and get a great quality of meat.
You are close so take a ride up some day - he's got a meat counter, prepared foods section and a great bakery - PM me and we can meet up if you like.
And no, I don't get a kick-back (although I wish I did!!)

Back