meatloaf recipe anyone?

capri man

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i figured this would be the best place for the best meatloaf recipe.:biggrin:

ok guys/gals, give em up!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I have some good ones at home. Will post my favorite one when i get home tonight.

Capri Man

Use the "search" feature and you will find many great recipes to try. Good Luck and please post some pics of your food goodies.

1lb ground check, lipton onion soup mix, breakcrumbs and two eggs. Smoke time was about 2 hours at an average of 250-275 degrees. Smoked /mesquite wood chunks and charcoal.

After about an hour, and loaf has retained it's shape, I pull from the pan. I cook it till it hits about 160 internal temp.

Smoked Meat Loaf
4 lbs Ground Chuck
2 Eggs
¼ Cup Ketchup
1 Large Onion Diced
1 Large Bell Pepper Diced
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
3 TBS Wolfe Rub Bold BBQ Seasoning
3 Cloves of Garlic smashed
½ Cup Reverend Marvin’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce
¾ Cup Bread Crumbs (or enough to bind together)

Note: Measurements are guestimates, I don't really measure, so if you think it needs more or less of an ingredient adjust to your tastes.

Finishing Glaze
1/2 Cup Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup
Combine all ingredients and put into a big bowl or loaf pans that have been sprayed with Pam for easy removal and refidgerate several hours covered with foil. When you're ready to smoke, leave the foil ontop of the pan and turn the pan upside down onto the grill and remove bowl or pan. The foil will prevent the loaf from falling through the grates.
Smoke between 250-260 until you get an internal temp of 150*, apply finishing glaze and continue to cooking to 160* internal temp.
NOTE: Go light on the wood, the ground meat will absorb every bit of smoke you give it, so use a small amount of a mild wood.

Mine is very simple and the family loves it... (but I guess you always love the meatloaf you grew up with).

2 pounds ground chuck
1 medium onion chopped
1 egg beaten
3 slices of white bread torn into small pieces
splash of milk
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground yellow mustard
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix well and put it into a loaf pan. As previously mentioned... if you are doing it on the smoker you can take it out of the pan about half way through. I used to always top with ketchup the last half hour or so. Lately, I have been using Blues Hog Original or HomeBBQ.com Sweet and Spicy. MMMMmmm... usually not much left for sammies dang it!!!

The James Beard Cookbook has an excellent one...page 220.

Here it is from cooks.com...Danny G's Modified Rib Glaze goes good on it too.

2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 fairly lg. onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 crumbled bay leaf
1/2 tsp. crumbled thyme leaves
1 tsp. freshly chopped green pepper
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
Bacon or salt pork

Mix all ingredients, except bacon, thoroughly blended. Form into a long loaf or cake and press firmly. Arrange enough slices of bacon or salt pork on the bottom of a baking pan to hold the meat loaf. Brush the loaf with butter and cross with 2 to 4 additional slices of bacon. Bake at 325 degrees, basting occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until meat loaf is cooked through. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Yep, that's 1 TS Green Pep, subtle but noticeable. Probably the best I've had but for sure the best I've made...and one of the few recipes I follow to the letter.

Fresh dried Bay and Thyme if you can and homemade bread crumbs.

Try one using bison 3/4 and sausage 1/4 mix, or one with just ground turkey. Use planko for bread crumbs or use oats. The world of meatloaf is your playground.

2 lbs chuck
1 lb ground pork
1 can Rotels drained
1 or 2 chipotles in adobo chopped very fine
2 eggs
handful of bread crumbs (it's meat not bread loaf)
1 sweet onion diced
3 or 4 cloves of garlic
fresh cracked black pepper
salt to taste
1 tablespoon worstershire (sp) sauce

Mix together. Place on cookie sheet in a log shape. make a well along hte top to put in BBQ sauce.

Smoke at 250 or less until 150 internal but 165 is fine if you are worried. Toward the end add sauce so it's all covered in sauce. Serve with mashed taters and peas.

well it is ugly but here it is!!

Attachments

• 2008_0102meatloaf0001.jpg
    2008_0102meatloaf0001.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 106
it will be ok with some collard greens and black eyed peas in a little while!!:biggrin:

Meatloaf is to be eaten, not admired for its looks.

I agree. It looks good. Looks kinda like the worlds largest bacon cheeseburger.

Looks ok to me can't eat the looks. I have seen good looking food taste like crap

Back