MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #31
Grain Belt
is one Smokin' Farker

They are no abomination! I love a Juicy Lucy! Now a current trend I do think is an abomination is Knob Creek Maple or Crown Royal Maple. Taking these nice whiskeys and adding flavoring to them makes we want to crawl into the fetal position and cry like a baby.
Grain Belt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
Goyo626
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirk View Post
10 years ago I was doing all kinds to stuffed burgers and it was fun. But I have become a purist, Toasted bun, thin patties grilled hot to medium rare, special sauce (aioli of sorts), american cheese, onion, lettuce, and tomato... Pickle on the SIDE... Pretty much an in and out burger.
In-n-out is cooked on a flat top but I totally get where you are coming from. In my burger hierarchy I've got flat top cooked burgers at the top, followed by grilled by charcoal/ mesquite, then broiled,and then its a fight for last place between microwaved, boiled, and baked.
Goyo626 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

What's funny is, right now I am trying to think of anything and everything to stuff into a burger. I've never stuffed a burger before and I gotta be unique when I do it the first time! Possibilities are endless , as mentioned.

Hrm I know: The Inverted Burger -- the bun INSIDE the burger! "Thinking outside of the bun".

Or the Recursive Burger: An entire burger--bun, cheese and all--stuffed inside of a burger. The Matryoshka Melt?

Seriously, there should be a stuffed burger throwdown if there hasn't been one already.

Last edited by bbqgeekess; 02-17-2014 at 10:13 PM..
bbqgeekess is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #34
IslandBoy
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Suddenly I can smell "burger nite" in my near future!
IslandBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #35
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cirk, The term "special sauce" always makes me cringe.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #36
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

I love to change things up. The same way every day is boring

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #37
Phubar

Juicy Lucy is sooooo last year...lets go back ol' skool...good quality grilled beePh,tomato,onion on white square toasted slices of bread....yummm!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #38
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Seriously Phub......now I'm wanting burgers phor breakphast

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #39
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Juicy Lucy is sooooo last year...lets go back ol' skool...good quality grilled beePh,tomato,onion on white square toasted slices of bread....yummm!

That is as fancy as I ever get.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #40
Daddy-O
On the road to being a farker

I havent ever tried one before, but last saturday I picked up some from the local meat market - stuffed with bleu cheese and olives. Wifey got mushrooms & swiss.

Put them on the weber (overcooked slightly, but it was so cold out by the grill, I wasnt watching as close as I should have been.)

I really liked mine, not sure if I would ever buy a pre-stuffed one again. It was much bigger than I usually like.

If I do it again, I would make my own. Or just smoke a regular one with swiss like I usually do.
Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #41
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
Seriously Phub......now I'm wanting burgers phor breakphast
Me too! But I'll have to settle for New York Steak sandwiches because I already thawed it out.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #42
Fwismoker

I'm thinking of stuffing a burger with PP , finishing sauce and mozzarella cheese topped with American or cheddar.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #43
jamus34
Full Fledged Farker

My favorite home-made burger was a patty stuffed with jalepeno's and a little bit of shredded cheddar to hold it together, then wrapped in a small bacon weave and topped with a slice of cheese once done.

22.5 OTS, 22.5 WSM, SJG (and soon to have the tamale pot mini-WSM conversion built)

Stealth gray Thermopen

jamus34 is offline   Reply With Quote