• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Patio vs. Trailer models

Bperkins01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing the research and am leaning toward the investment and learning how to do real BBQ.

That said .. I like the Lang smokers so far. All of you have convinced me to get one size bigger. (i.e 48" vs. 36" for me)

So.. that said - I would probably want to be able to move it between two houses and maybe a few more places once in a while.

The trailer setup seems cumbersome vs. patio models while stationary.
I figure a small flatbed trailer could be multi-use as opposed to a trailer/smoker, but more hassle with storage, etc.

Since you guys have *actually* done this - I like to hear some opinions.
Thanks
This seems like a great forum.
Bob

It depends on how often you are going to move it. It if once in a while then the patio model is probably a better choice. If you will move it often then a trailer model is easier.

You could always get one of the hybrid models with the bigger tires on it. That way it would be much easier to move. If you don't want the hybrid model, I'm sure you could get wheels put on the standard patio for a little bit more money.

That idea was my original direction having a multiple option... buying a patio model and loading it within a trailer to be strapped down when transported.

Have done that for the Lang 48 patio...
picture.php

Should have seen the fun how a Lang 60 mobile (12 ft long tongue to tail) fits within a 16' enclosed trailer.

And there's the Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen - added golf cart tires to better maneuverability.
picture.php

Probably depends on the size of your permanent location and how hard it is to get in and out of that spot, but having the ability to move it might give you a reason to move it as well (comps, charity cooks, etc).

That idea was my original direction having a multiple option... buying a patio model and loading it within a trailer to be strapped down when transported.

Have done that for the Lang 48 patio...
picture.php

Should have seen the fun how a Lang 60 mobile (12 ft long tongue to tail) fits within a 16' enclosed trailer.

And there's the Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen - added golf cart tires to better maneuverability.
picture.php

Love this idea. Then you can make trailer area your prep station, etc...

Thanks all. Maybe the big 4 wheels on. The patio model make sense.
Easy on and off a utility trailer. Hmm... Food for thought.

I was in the same situation a couple years ago. Really wanted a trailered Lang 48 or 60 but most of the time it would be sitting the back yard and so determined a unit like that was just not practical. I picked up a used Lang 48 for the back yard and another mobile unit for big parties, a Good One Rodeo. Which by the way is a GREAT cooker!
The Rodeo is just around 500 pounds and two of us can roll it onto a utility trailer easily. A few tie-down straps and of we go. For my purposes, a couple contests and a few on site cooks a year, it is well suited. Plus we have a utility trailer to use for many other things. Really glad I did not get a trailered model.

patio or trailor

having had the same problem of starting to bbq i used 2chargrillers to copok for freinds partys,weddings,anversares,ect. the problem was cook at home or pack up my stuff and cook there problem solved LANG 60 orginal enoff space to cook on not that hard to move and far cheaper than traylor

Back