Is $750 For A Large Used Big Green Egg A Good Deal?

C

condit

We have been wanting to purchase a Big Green Egg and a dealer in California is selling their summer demo unit that they cooked with this summer.

It's a large BGE with side tables, nest, and a platesetter and they are selling it for $750.

Is this a good price and would you pull the trigger or pay more for a brand new one?

Depends on how much they demo'd it. Couple of times I'd get them to throw in a couple of bags of lump and go for it.

With the extras it doesn't sound bad, how much does all of that retail for new?

I paid that much for my XL Big Green Egg, but that was one of those, leave work immediately, go straight to the bank, and beat out anyone else trying to get there type of deals. (true story)

Yeah that is pretty good saw an xl in my area with all the same stuff for $850 so $750 for a large might be worth grabbing since it may be a while till you see any lower. If there ever is a lower price coming :p

Sounds fair the best part you should get the original owner warranty I'm not sure if it's transferable otherwise. I had an issue the other day and called customer service they where great I was only asking some questions and they sent a new part without question anyway good people.

I'm definitely tempted. I'll call them tomorrow to make sure they still have it and if so, will probably do it. If so, there will be many pics lol.

Make sure they sell it to you as new and be sure you get the warranty from BGE with it, otherwise buy new and be covered. Not a bad deal, I think a demo Egg from the PNW Eggfest was @ $895.

I would rather have a brand new Kamado Joe but that's just me.

Back