MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #46
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
So we need another election to clarify a typo on a previous election? We all know it's just the improper form of that word. We'd all also know if they tried to take out the "not".
Tim's point is that if the verbiage is changed, it isn't what the membership voted on. I agree with him.

We don't want to get into the game of a handful of people deciding what membership 'thought' they were voting for or against after the fact.

In all honesty I'm not sure what the right move is at this point. I don't know what legal ramifications exist if it's removed from the ballot. I don't believe that we can change the wording after the election if it passes.

This is why KCBS retains counsel, and yesterday would be a good time to make a call.

Edit: If my memory is accurate, I believe that the deal KCBS has with the online election firm allows for an additional election during the year. If that is the case, the reasonable solution in my mind is to allow the membership to vote on a properly phrased change to the bylaws. It's not a perfect solution, and I don't think the voter turnout will be as representative of membership as the current election...but I'd prefer that to jacking around with verbiage after the fact.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #47
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

my votes are in. go chiefs. oh...never mind. keith
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #48
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

How about America's Team? Well, maybe next year, if Jerry will quit coaching?
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

voted. and voted hard 4 times!

also NO and NO, even before i saw this debacle. i mean really, do my dues, or portion thereof pay an attorney? if so, i want my 2 cents back.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->