MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Big slick
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Cleaning grease from smoker off of concrete?

I have some grease spots on my concrete patio from my smoker and a couple from my other grills. Is there any sort of product that I can use to remove these spots with? Also is there a cheap sort of mat that I can buy to protect the concrete from such messes?

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

How about Greased Lightning? I have a couple small stains on my patio that need attention as well, I think I will try this stuff.
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
expatpig
is One Chatty Farker

Concrete is porous, so unless you had a sealer on it, it's probably stained for life. You might be able to get some of it off, but you will still see some staining. Clean it, put on a good concrete sealant, that may darken it enough to mask it.
[B][COLOR=red]Napoleon Apollo[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]GOSM[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue][B][I]CSBBQA, KCBS, NOBS(Northern Ontario Barbecue Society)Professional Barbecue Team. USAJFKCENMA.[/I][/B][/COLOR]
expatpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

Try some oil dry or cat litter, and grind it in with your foot. Might not get it all but it does a pretty good job for me. YMMV. Cheers!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Try some dish washing soap like palmolive. Let it soak for a bit then hit it with a brush and water to rinse.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
TactTm1
On the road to being a farker

try the cat litter, oil dry suggestion....then use powdered Tide detergent with a scrub brush. They use this at service stations. AS mentioned above, it may not come out all the way.

I have seen mats at lowes adn also on-line...some are m,opre expensive than others adn I think I will be looking for one soon, as weel. Probably 3x4 feet.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Soybomb
Full Fledged Farker

http://www.blitzusa.com/products/oil...ns/podpgdt.htm
Its like $10 at walmart

As to the grease, do you have a friend with a pressure washer? A few minutes with one will have your concrete looking shades lighter!
Soybomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
JD08
is one Smokin' Farker

I recommend one of the smaller terrier type dogs. They think anything that hits the floor is theirs, so no training is involved.
JD08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
larrymac360
Knows what a fatty is.

Get the spot wet and apply powdered Tide detergent to the spot and just leave it to do its thing , It may take a few days to a week put it will remove most spots .You may have to add some detergent and water during the process.
larrymac360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Start with a pressure washer for sure. A lot will come off that way. Then dry kitty litter sitting for awhile, sweep it up and do some more.

I try hard to catch the grease coming out of my cookers for just this reason. Old sheets of scrap plywood or really old rubber mats or even a neutral colored shower curtain spread under the cooker would help too.

My driveway is asphalt so I just pressure wash it and figure I'll seal it before I sell the house. Mine's full of burn marks from welding and various nicks and gouges from dropping bits of metal or you name it. So it won't ever be pretty again but a nice even coat of sealer will hide a lot of it, take everything away, couple pots of flowers, shoot even the women will like it.
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
campdude
Babbling Farker

+3 on the cat litter. I've had stains totally removed with it.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
salth2o
On the road to being a farker

Just get a dog. My Labrador barely lets the grease cool off before she goes in face first. :)

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkGreen] <*{{{{{><[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Lyfe Tyme 20 offset smoker
Kenmore Gasser
Single Burner Gas Cooker
Plow Disc Cooker
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Clorox makes this stuff for use outside, it's thick and sticks and doesn't dry real fast. I get it at Lowes in a 2 gallon jug. I use it to get grease spots from our pool deck, it's a stained concrete and no it's not sealed to allow water drainage. Works pretty good, Greased Lightning works good also, those and a little elbow grease and your buying a pad to put under them next time!
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #14
Mntnboy
Found some matches.

Here's one that I found online. Haven't tried it though.

http://www.accepta.com/biological-tr...lt-cleaner.asp
Mntnboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepitboss View Post
Start with a pressure washer for sure. A lot will come off that way. Then dry kitty litter sitting for awhile, sweep it up and do some more.

I try hard to catch the grease coming out of my cookers for just this reason. Old sheets of scrap plywood or really old rubber mats or even a neutral colored shower curtain spread under the cooker would help too.

My driveway is asphalt so I just pressure wash it and figure I'll seal it before I sell the house. Mine's full of burn marks from welding and various nicks and gouges from dropping bits of metal or you name it. So it won't ever be pretty again but a nice even coat of sealer will hide a lot of it, take everything away, couple pots of flowers, shoot even the women will like it.

++++++++ cleans it up quick!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote