Backwoods piglet vs large spicewine

big range bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Leaning towards the backwoods piglet and was curious about the large spicewine and the capacity of the two and how they compare. Trying to get as much info so that I make a well informed choice. And if there is any dealers in the southern California area of both products to save on shipping costs.

Get ahold of Crocke, he lives in the OC and has a large Spicewine you can look at. I hear he's proud of it and sure he would show off the whole set up.

This is the info for BWS dealer. He keeps his stock in Redlands. I almost bought one from him last year till my wife found out.

LOW and SLOW to GO
Wendell Barner
5102 South Garth Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90056
323 298 4561 office
323 298 4564 fax
213 610 2811 Cell
Email : wendellbarner@msn.com

We went to redlands and saw the piglet and talked to Wendell (very nice family). He orders them with options we don't really want. Base price is $3390, with all the options he adds it brings the price to almost $5000. So at base price they are comparable. It seems I would be able to add more shelves for more options. As far as thicker metal in the spicewine I live in california, I dont have to worry about the cold outside (sorry not rubbing it in).

Spicewines are great cookers but call Spicewine and talk directly to Jay.

As Jay has done for so many already, he will answer all questions about his cooker with complete honesty without talking badly about any competitors pits.

I have been talking to smokinit from new york he is a backwoods dealer, he gives a great discount but with shipping it puts me at about $4000. which is about the price of the large spicewine.

As an owner of both I love my spicewine they are definitely built to last and you can't ask for a better upright for the money and for quantity you can easily fit this is for ONE rack take that times three you can add a fourth rack
(2) 8 lb pork butts
(1) 7 lb brisket
(2) 6 lb chickens
(1) 4 lb spare rib

You can easily hold temps in both units I just prefer the spicewine :mrgreen:

I have been talking to smokinit from new york he is a backwoods dealer, he gives a great discount but with shipping it puts me at about $4000. which is about the price of the large spicewine.

I will do what I can to help you out I know the shipping sucks!!

Back