Thurs night Brisket pron

durfdaddy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my meal last night. I used my rib rub mixed with finely ground espresso, garlic and some other spices. I put a little Canola Oil in it to make a paste and slathered the flat on Wed night. On Thursday, I smoked it to 165, wrapped it and took it up to 200. I made some BBQ sauce but it didn't need any. It was ooohh soo good!

There is one pic that looks like a chunk of meat is holding the brisket so it folds over. It's an illusion...It stayed like that all on it's own.

The ribs....not so good. There wasn't enough meat on them but I couldn't pass them up for $7. The ones where there was enough meat were very good. They were more of an experiment to see if ribs could be done without wrapping OR spritzing. I suggest at least spritzing for the smaller racks of ribs.

Attachments

• brisket2a.jpg
    brisket2a.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Brisket2.jpg
    Brisket2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Brisket 1-09.jpg
    Brisket 1-09.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 160
  • cooked2perfection.jpg
    cooked2perfection.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 162
  • plate for Dave.jpg
    plate for Dave.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 161
That is one fine looking brisket. I do not care for coffee so have been reluctant to try it as part of a rub. What does it do to help? I have seen it mentioned several times and your results make me want to try it.

That is one fine looking brisket. I do not care for coffee so have been reluctant to try it as part of a rub. What does it do to help? I have seen it mentioned several times and your results make me want to try it.

I am definately not a coffee drinker, but I do like Dizzy Pig's Redeye Express. Which reminds me, I need to order some more.'

My wife is not a coffee drinker either but this is her favorite rub. There is more fresh garlic in the rub than you would think. The coffee, garlic and salt really work well together. It is not a coffee taste so to speak but it is sort of a dark bite. Also, if you spritz it when you wrap it you are going to lose a lot of the bite.

I didn't spritz this one because I wanted as much rub as possible but just the juices from the wrap took some of the rub away. I am thinking about letting it rest fat side down next time to keep this from happening. Any thoughts on that?

Fat side down is the way to go with brisket as far as not having a lot of the rub come off.

Take a look at this video about how they do it down in Taylor, Texas at the Taylor Cafe and Louie Muellers.

http://skyfullofbacon.com/blog/?p=67

Your looks dang good just like you did it.

Damn I have to try a brisket again after seeing those pics.....Brisket is not a strong point with me.....Nice Job.

Fat side down is the way to go with brisket as far as not having a lot of the rub come off.

Take a look at this video about how they do it down in Taylor, Texas at the Taylor Cafe and Louie Muellers.

That brisket sandwich makes me look forward to a recipe I found where you put the smoked brisket through your grinder, mix with red onion, egg, bbq sauce and bread crumbs. make patties and grill. I think I'm gonna have to try tonight!

Brisket is sort of hard to photograph, it always looks drier than it really is. The pictures of yours on the cutting board look perfectly cooked and if they look that moist in the picture, I bet they really were.

That looked really good. I have never used coffee. My brother use to swear by it for meat seasoning

Greaty link and videoS....Now I want to go to Taylor, TX:shock:.

You cant go wrong with a coffee infused rub on beef IMHO. Brisket looks awesome with a nice bark to boot!

That looks really good. I also use coffe on my brisket rubs. Very good.:wink:

Back