FATTY Appreciation thread, please post your creations here.

These are a good few years old now, I need to update more often :icon_blush:

BaconExplosion_WeaveMade.jpg

BaconExplosion_RubbedRolledandReady.jpg

BaconExplosion_RubCheeseandVeggiesOn.jpg

BaconExplosion_PorkOn.jpg

BaconExplosion_OnTheGrill.jpg

BaconExplosion_MakingTheWeave.jpg

BaconExplosion_ACoupleOfHoursIn.jpg

I have checked the official total and it was Gore the crushed me in that Throwdown, which I still contend, he must have benefited somehow, from folks mistakenly voting for his dish, as he beat me by 37 votes, which seems lopsided even now.

Yes, but as I recall, I used the steak crutch. I was not ashamed to use it in those days. :icon_blush:

Another fatty, this one may have been less perfect, but, it was from fresh ground Duroc pork, mixed with some Simply Marvelous Cherry rub, with some Phu Quoc black pepper and some hard apple cider, then coated with Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy and a little Dizzy Dust, salt free. It was smoked at 225F over a hickory and lump fire in a UDS. The actual blending was done using a 'wet' method, in which the spices and cider were mixed, then the pork was mixed with the liquid. It was all rolled and stored in a plastic bag overnight.
fatty-plain.jpg

Gore, you are a fatty artist and I worship you. What's the delicious looking 'flat' cue beside the NORML fatty on the left, just above the artichokes? Looks like a deliciously crunchy 'lobster art' cue, and knowing you......

I just ate before I came home and the parade has me drooling again.

SPAMMY Dean Fatty

It was really good. Even my son who hates SPAM said it was one of the best tasting fatties he had until that point. I haven't made it again though, mostly because I don't want to bother grinding up SPAM. Unless I'm making cake or something.

Spammy_Dean_slice.jpg

I just finished showing all the bacon "sculptures" to Harvard, and he wanted to know if it was possible to get one of Gore's "bacon artiste" t-shirts. I told him Gore doesn't have any logo t-shirts of which I'm aware. Harvard said, "Well, he ought to have some made. There are bacon fans out there waiting to buy them." It cracked me up, but then I realized he was right. Bacon sculpture t-shirts? Put the Bugatti on it. Heck yeah! I'd buy one! :thumb:

I just finished showing all the bacon "sculptures" to Harvard, and he wanted to know if it was possible to get one of Gore's "bacon artiste" t-shirts. I told him Gore doesn't have any logo t-shirts of which I'm aware. Harvard said, "Well, he ought to have some made. There are bacon fans out there waiting to buy them." It cracked me up, but then I realized he was right. Bacon sculpture t-shirts? Put the Bugatti on it. Heck yeah! I'd buy one! :thumb:

Agreed

Gore, you are a fatty artist and I worship you. What's the delicious looking 'flat' cue beside the NORML fatty on the left, just above the artichokes? Looks like a deliciously crunchy 'lobster art' cue, and knowing you......

I just ate before I came home and the parade has me drooling again.

Thanks Kathy. Here's the link:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1862764&postcount=119

That is just some pig candy. Coat some bacon (or pork belly) liberally in brown sugar, add some cayenne if you like and cook it low and slow. You'll know when it is done. It is divine.

Sorry, no T-shirts here. I'm sure there are places you can have them made and I'm not protective of anything I do. I'm too lazy to do anything like that myself. You're more than welcome to use any image for anything you like (as long as it makes you happy). I expect Costco might even do something like that. I know they used to do coffee mugs anyway. Have at it.

While Guerry always liked the bugatti the best, I was partial to Shaun

IMG_1337-1.jpg

Shaun really seemed alive and had a personality, especially after my wife took the shears to him. Boy was he upset:

IMG_1384.jpg

Shaun was pretty easy to put together and oh so tasty!

IMG_1403.jpg

Here's the write-up:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1550440

Just want to note that none of these things would have looked anywhere near as good without my wife's help, and none of them would even exist if it weren't for the Throwdowns. In a sense, they're all due to Bigabyte.

Back