• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

bread & horseradish fatty

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

here's the bread i made on thanksgiving, four white whole wheat and four white, four with rosemary.

i made the dough the night before baking per the book "artisan bread in five minutes a day"

breadhrfatty-002.jpg

let the eggs burn clean for about 90 minutes prior to baking so the bread didn't taste like meat.

breadhrfatty-003.jpg

some of the best bread i've made

breadhrfatty-005.jpg

breadhrfatty-006.jpg

friday, the neighbor gave me a couple of sausage rolls to smoke so i coated them with fresh ground horseradish and a little dizzy pig raging river. the horseradish was dug from the ground the same day and man! it makes you cry when grinding in the mini food processor.

breadhrfatty-011.jpg

breadhrfatty-012.jpg

cooking the horseradish for two hours takes away the heat but leaves an interesting flavor that compliments the fatty as expected. :biggrin:

Oh that looks good Rick

And your right grinding fresh hoseradish will make you cry..... but it tastes great....

I bet your sinuses are clear as a bell after grinding that horseradish!! I bet it smelled amazing coming off of the cooker.

Bread looks great. I have my Egg cleaned out at the moment, I should do bread today.

That looks really good. I wish I had 5 minutes a day to make artisan bread. :biggrin:

Wow! The bread looks fantastic, Rick! I haven't done any baking in my Eggs yet. One more thing on the list of stuff to try!

That is some great looking bread- and fatties.

I just bought that book based on your photos and recommendation Rick.

Did you try to make any steam with the bread? I love the no knead dough, but have only done it in the oven.

Back