MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Dr. ordered me to smoke, honest....

A week of hospitals, Docs, incompetent clerical staff....Must burn wood.

Approx. 50 lbs. of meat should cure everything.

Pics to come later.

25 lbs. of brisket, 8.5 lbs. of pork loin, 8.5 lbs country ribs, 2.5 lbs of sausage later on (when I have some room in there), and added just a little smoke to some brisket for carne guisada that goes in the oven later today.

No I just need some farking ice to keep the beer cold.

Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Light snack jorge?? Thats a motherload!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Solidkick

<<~~packing knife, fork, bib, and Dreamland.....will be there about dark....leaving NOW

Looking Good!!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Brother Jorge, I feel your frustration and know it has to be going up in smoke. That looks awesome! All the best to you and Dad.

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
Brother Jorge, I feel your frustration and know it has to be going up in smoke. That looks awesome! All the best to you and Dad.
Same to you :D It was good to read that your better half is coming along well!

Old 05-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #6
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick
<<~~packing knife, fork, bib, and Dreamland.....will be there about dark....leaving NOW

Looking Good!!!
I'll be the drunk bastidge Q stains all over my shirt.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
rusold
On the road to being a farker

What is all that stuff? I think I pack it full but that is a real load

R

Old 05-02-2004, 12:29 PM   #8
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Man that's is an eye opener, don't need no stinking heat shield with that load, Austin, TX Bash 1.

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #9
Jorge

Default Carne Guisada fixins

6:30 AM. 6 lb point that will eventually become carne guisada.

90 minutes of smoke between 180 and 200 as the smoke box warms up. Give the carne guisada a nice smokey flavor. Used Mesquite after dumping a chimney of Kingsford. Like to use Mesquite for tex-mex dishes and it also heats things up in a hurry and provides a decent bed of coals for the pecan/hickory/etc. that comes later.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #10
ckkphoto

WOW!!! I haven't done a smokarama like that since I was on the old "pit crew" site. Nothing like having a smoker full of food and the neighbors jumping to look over your fence!

Old 05-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #11
Jorge

Have a few more pics that I'll post later when time allows. Turned out to be a long day. Wind started gusting, and in my parents yard (where I was smoking <see below>) it tends to swirl so it is hard to turn the beast out of the wind. Fire management is fun for me, but it ended up being a real challenge.

Preheating my wood on the firebox became more of a challenge with the wind. I finally resorted to using a bucket over the wood. I kept one edge hanging off a bit to allow air in, and smoke out in case of ignition. Worked well, (Note to self: Don't admit to touching the farking bucket with a bare hand!).

Biggest mistake of the smoke was placing the country ribs down low, and not paying enough attention to them while I was dealing with the wind and fire. Dried a few of them out. Those done further up where I could squeeze them in came out perfect. Lesson learned: With a big load place the smaller items that will cook the quickest up top.

Not mentioned were some jalapeno peppers that I tossed in for about 45 min. to get a little extra smoke flavor for the carne guisada. The farking things came out a lot hotter than they went in. I'll be cooking another small batch of guisada to add to this batch to cool it off a bit. I'd eat it the way it is and love it, but this batch is for those that don't think of insane heat as normal.

With all of that being said I had a blast. The next day I had to take my Dad to see his internist. Sitting in the waiting room an elderly woman leaned over and asked me if I was a fireman...No Ma'am, why do you ask? You smell like smoke! I'd taken two showers by that time, and washed my hair I don't know how many times! Gotta love it!

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 05-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #12
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
an elderly woman leaned over and asked me if I was a fireman...No Ma'am, why do you ask? You smell like smoke! I'd taken two showers by that time,
That's funny

Old 05-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #13
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusold
What is all that stuff? I think I pack it full but that is a real load

R
From top to bottom: Brisket 12 lb, Brisket 13 lb., 8.5 lb. pork loin cut in half, country ribs (with a few tucked in on various shelves where space was available)

Old 05-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #14
Arlin_MacRae

Awesome meat pile, Jorge. Love the fireman story!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #15
ciret
Full Fledged Farker

Hmmm, I like the fireman story too. I did my 1st burn last Saturday and I could swear that all day Sunday I kept smelling smoke. . . After the shower and clean clothes. Last time I remember that happening I was a boy scout at camp for a week.
I'm looking forward to much fun with this Q & smoke & stuff.

Modded Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe, UDS, Brinkman gasser

A health family, a healthy country, a healthy world -- all grow outward from a single superior person.
Chia Jen/The Clan --I Ching
ciret is offline   Reply With Quote