bacon base

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just found 3 lb tubs of Minors bacon base at a local store for 3.99. Never heard of it before, but figured what the heck, it's bacon, how can it go wrong. SO i bought a few tubs. Figured i can freeze all but one and they should last a while. Soups, stews, sauces, etc.

Anyone used this stuff before? Any recipes or tips?

here is a link for a 1 lb tub on amazon for reference. The ones i bought look like industrial size.

http://www.amazon.com/Minors-Bacon-Base-16-oz/dp/B0001GUQ1Q

I use the Minors chicken and beef bases but didn't know about the bacon.

I am gonna have to look for some. What store did you find it at?

I have used the beef, vegetable, chicken and mushroom bases before and have loved them. Figured this should be good.

I got it at Wilson's Warehouse in Griffin. It is a scratch and dent store that sells all kinds of stuff. You never know what they will have.

I have used the beef, vegetable, chicken and mushroom bases before and have loved them. Figured this should be good.

I got it at Wilson's Warehouse in Griffin. It is a scratch and dent store that sells all kinds of stuff. You never know what they will have.

Thanks for the tip

I've not heard of it either, but it looks interesting. Thanks for the links!

I don;'t remember the brand name, but assume it is the same. I tried some a couple years back and liked it. Even used it in a bird brine, but can't say it made the bird taste all that "bacony". Still some fun stuff to work with I think.:wink:

I plan on making a jar as soon as possible. Was thinking adding a tablespoon of the base to a quart of Mayo, and adjust up as needed. Could you make your own?

Back