Blues Hog

Crüe-B-Cüe

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been meaning to order some Blues Hog to try for a while now. Just never got around to it. I went a grocery store the other day that I don't normally go to. Low and behold, there it was. Right there on the shelf. I picked up the regular, Tennessee Red and the honey mustard. I haven't been able to cook with it yet, but the initial finger tasting was pretty good. The honey mustard may be of an aquired taste though. Not bad on the price either at $3.59 a jar with no shipping and handling.

I think that mixing the regular with the tennessee red also proves to be a great combination.

hhhuuuuggggeeee fan of tennessee red, awesome flavor. And will completely agree with e mellow that if you mix the original...which is wayyyyyyyyyyy too sweet imho, with tennessee red. Awesome.

My favorite actually was a consolidation accident. Had about a 1/3 of blues hog, prob the same tennessee red, and a lil head country. Threw some honey and cider vinegar in the head country, poured it into the blues hog, added the red, if i could make this sauce again, it's farking awesome!!

I have been meaning to order some Blues Hog to try for a while now. Just never got around to it. I went a grocery store the other day that I don't normally go to. Low and behold, there it was. Right there on the shelf. I picked up the regular, Tennessee Red and the honey mustard. I haven't been able to cook with it yet, but the initial finger tasting was pretty good. The honey mustard may be of an aquired taste though. Not bad on the price either at $3.59 a jar with no shipping and handling.

What store did you find it at?
Never found any here, always had to order.

I agree with the above..

For sauced ribs, one of my favorites is a combo of the regular BH and Tenn. Red. The reg BH is great but very thick & sweet.. The addition of the TR has the tanginess that I like along with the liquidity to thin it out.

For Pulled pork, I prefer straight Tenn Red.

Have not tried the BH Honey Mustard.

Back