MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob
Default CL.......Help Identify This Grill

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/for/1200625397.html

I think I might need this grill? Never seen a model like it. Any feedback on it? What ya'll think?
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
mbshop
Babbling Farker

saw one last year i think. don't remember it being special.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
BobBrisket

I've been looking for large grill like this one. I almost scored one of the ones that Sam's sells for free but got beat to it. Seems to be in good shape, maybe I'll make an offer.
But then I saw this........I could use one of these to toss in the 5th wheel and use it for camping...... http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/hsh/1200523286.html There has been some good stuff here on CL lately, but nobody wants to deal or take any offers.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

Those propane camping stoves are worth their money if you're feeding a crowd, that's for sure! I used two and one of my kettles to do chorizzo, egg, potato and sausage burrito's for breakfast for 75 scouts a few weeks ago. Had it all done in under 90 minutes, & that included 45minutes of the chorizzo in smoke in the kettle...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
garyk1398
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Gary

Be careful on that one...looks similiar to one I looked at last year. The metal was thinner than a tortilla! Can't remember the name of it but it was at wally world.

Gary, KCBS -CBJ
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Certified Nebraska MOINK Baller, [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]KCBS - CBJ[/COLOR][/FONT]
Semper Fi, when in doubt empty the magazine :rip:
garyk1398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller View Post
Those propane camping stoves are worth their money if you're feeding a crowd, that's for sure! I used two and one of my kettles to do chorizzo, egg, potato and sausage burrito's for breakfast for 75 scouts a few weeks ago. Had it all done in under 90 minutes, & that included 45minutes of the chorizzo in smoke in the kettle...
When we go out camping I enjoy cooking breakfast outside. Something about it. We usually take turns doing the cooking with our camping buddies and one of them stoves would really do the trick. I'm hoping since he has three of them he will take an offer or at least have one left. Bo, is yours a Camp Chef? I've heard those are one of the top brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk1398 View Post
Be careful on that one...looks similiar to one I looked at last year. The metal was thinner than a tortilla! Can't remember the name of it but it was at wally world.
When I saw the gold lid, I thought maybe it was some really older, well built model grill. Thanks for the heads up.