Best BBQ Along i-95 East Coast

SigSauerNY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Looking for recommended bbq spots along the i95 south to north and I am looking for any recommendations as long as its not far off interstate 95

A couple spots in Richmond (VA)

- Buzz-N-Neds BBQ:
1119 N Blvd
Richmond, VA 23230
right off of I-95 (within 1/2 mile)

-Q Barbecue:
2077 Walmart Way
Midlothian, VA 23113
Further from I-95 but my favorite in Richmond.

Sweet Lucy's BBQ in Phila isn't far from I95 near the Tacony Section...

Drive slow open the window & follow ur nose :p There was a lil joint in Lumberton NC not far off 95 exit 22 us 301 S Not sure of the name Smittys... Smiths... something ruther it's pretty good NC Q I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 for restaurant Q but PP is pretty hard to fark up So...

Drive slow open the window & follow ur nose :p There was a lil joint in Lumberton NC not far off 95 exit 22 us 301 S Not sure of the name Smittys... Smiths... something ruther it's pretty good NC Q I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 for restaurant Q but PP is pretty hard to fark up So...

Used to a place in the southern beginning part of Georgia called G Daddy's BBQ which was nice shack type joint on a row of commercial fast food joints, had a screened in shed off to the side with a 1000 gallon propane tank always chuggin, was sold a couple years later to someone with a 250 gallon type tank on a trailer which never seemed to be running and the quality visually was dried and I was shocked at how someone could ruin pp and I found someone, havent tried it but looked like trash

Nannys bbq, Kings bbq or Saucys bbq all are in Petersburg va just mins off i95 all 3 or good but if I had to choose just one it would be Kings. Nannys and kings both have places to dine in. Saucys is walk up service. Saucys was also in southern living mag for being on the top 20 bbq joints in the south list.

Fuller's BBQ in Lumberton is good, and also has a killer country cooking buffet.

Maybe you were thinking of Smithfield's Chicken & BBQ? Their fried chicken is excellent, but no smoke ever touches their pork, to my knowledge. Same thing with Ralph's BBQ in Weldon, NC, off Exit 173.

A couple spots in Richmond (VA)

-Q Barbecue:
2077 Walmart Way
Midlothian, VA 23113
Further from I-95 but my favorite in Richmond.
The Q location in Glen Allen s less than 3 minutes off 95

Q Barbeque • Glen Allen
1070 Virginia Center Pkwy.
Glen Allen, VA 23060
p: 804-261-7227

Shuler's BBQ

419 Highway 38 W

Latta, SC 29565

5 minutes off 95 and worth the stop

The Q location in Glen Allen s less than 3 minutes off 95

Q Barbeque • Glen Allen
1070 Virginia Center Pkwy.
Glen Allen, VA 23060
p: 804-261-7227

5 minutes off 95 and worth the stop

By far the best I've had between DC and the NC border is Q BBQ. Since they opened this location, it has been the only one I go to. It is the ONLY place where it is safe to order brisket.

Dixie Bones BBQ is a distant second in Woodbridge, just south of DC.

Shuler's BBQ, in Latta, SC. About 4 miles off I-95. Really good local Q. But they are only open on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Get there early because it can get packed.

Fuller's BBQ in Lumberton is good, and also has a killer country cooking buffet.

Maybe you were thinking of Smithfield's Chicken & BBQ? Their fried chicken is excellent, but no smoke ever touches their pork, to my knowledge. Same thing with Ralph's BBQ in Weldon, NC, off Exit 173.

My sentiments exactly! I actually liked going to both of those places, but it wasn't about the mind-blowing pork BBQ experience as much as it was about getting a pretty good meal. Ralph's has that buffet with a bunch of dishes and sides so you can walk right in and get down to business. The chix at Smithfield's is really good. The bbq at both spots, while tender enough and all that, is pretty much devoid of smoke flavor. IIRC Ralph's is pretty close to the interstate and Smithfield's is a chain with many locations.

Back