New to Brethren - New to Lang

Wags05

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good afternoon - I'm brand new to the BBQ Brethren. Started smoking on a UDS 12 yrs ago - upgraded to a Brinkmann SKD offset a few years after that. (Ran the SKD 30 straight wknds last year.....great year) Began process to purchase a Lang 48 Deluxe a week ago. My wife caught wind of the Lang and then "we" decided we would go with the 36 Deluxe. from what I've read, the Lang will be more fuel efficient, hold more food, and last a while longer. Any advice on what else to expect going from SKD to Lang???

OK - pulled the trigger on a 48 Original a week ago and am waiting patiently. The people at Lang are great to deal with.

OK - pulled the trigger on a 48 Original a week ago and am waiting patiently. The people at Lang are great to deal with.

LOL. Nothing like a little Brethren reinforcement.

You are really in for some great cooking now.

You made a good decision ! Well, at least a better decision. I have a 24" X 48" pit and absolutely love it but sometimes I wish I had gone bigger. You'll see what we mean once you start cooking on it a few times.

Congrats and enjoy !

I was going to go with a 48, decided on a 60 and somehow ended up with an 84! Youre going to love that Lang!

i was hoping to get a 60 and ended up with a 84. I bought it used and got a good deal on it. Still wish i would have gotten the 60. The 84 is just so dam big. My friends love the 84, we use it to smoke whole hogs a couple of times a year but i sitll use my UDS for small weekend cooks.

I got my Lang 48 Original Patio model about 2 months ago. After agonizing for a few months on which size to get (36 vs 48) I am so glad I went with the 48. Congrats and welcome to the group!

Welcome to the Lang gang!

As others have mentioned... am one of them.
Just look at my signature... :thumb:

Good luck with your new Lang.

I'm not one that subscribes to the theory that you should get the next size up from what you think you need. I have both a Lang 60 and a Lang84. In saying that, most of my cooks at home are done on the Big Green Egg. When I want to play and watch the fire, I fire up the 60 far more then the 84 which is a beast an holds a ton meat. The 48 and 60 are great sizes and should cover all your needs at home. Your going to love your new Lang. They are great cookers and the 48 is a good size for the back yard.

Last edited:
Good choice on getting the 48. I bought a 36" Deluxe Patio in February, have cooked on it virtually every weekend since I bought it and I am ready to move up to a 48" already.

Congrats on the new Lang! I've got a 48D and really like it. I remember impatiently waiting delivery too..takes awhile to get this far North. Have fun, I know you'll enjoy it!

Good luck with your new Lang.

I'm not one that subscribes to the theory that you should get the next size up from what you think you need. I have both a Lang 60 and a Lang84. In saying that, most of my cooks at home are done on the Big Green Egg. When I want to play and watch the fire, I fire up the 60 far more then the 84 which is a beast an holds a ton meat. The 48 and 60 are great sizes and should cover all your needs at home. Your going to love your new Lang. They are great cookers and the 48 is a good size for the back yard.

LOL. You're right, but many of us dont have the luxury of having multiple Langs. So, for me, I needed one that could handle my MAX yet still be able to cook only a few butts and/or a couple of racks of ribs...

Back