Contest Announcment 3rd Annual Morton BBQ Throwdown July 26-27th Morton,IL

rkoener

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We have limited space available for our event. $9,000 in cash and prizes this year! Last year was a huge success and we are already seeing it fill up way faster than last year. Our Grand Champs (Quau) and RGC (It's 5 o'clock somewhere) are already signed up again! Applications are available on our website www.mortonbbqthrowdown.com or I can email them directly to you. Contact Ryan rak@koener.com with any questions. The event schedule is below.

Competitor Schedule

Friday 7-26-13
8:00am-7:00pm Team Set up
8:00am-9:00pm Meat Inspection (as you arrive your meat will be inspected)
5:00pm Team Meeting (this is subject to change based on arrivals)
7:00pm Cooks Dinner
11:00-6:00am Quiet Time

Saturday 7-27-13
7:00am-8:00am Coffee and Doughnuts for competitors
10:30am Judges Meeting
11:00am People’s Choice turn in
11:30- 2:00pm People’s Choice tasting
11:55-12:05pm Chicken Turn in
12:25-12:35pm Ribs Turn in
12:55- 1:05pm Pork Shoulder Turn in
1:25- 1:35pm Beef Brisket Turn in
1:55- 2:05pm Side Dish Turn in
4:00pm Awards Ceremony

We are also having another backyard competition this year with chicken and ribs. Email Ryan for info.

I am compiling a list of judges for this event. We have quite a few signed up already, but if you are interested let me know.

Can a team pull in after 7:00 on Friday? I have to work, but would love to shoot down from Chi-town to beat QUAU's ass. :p

We have 18 teams already signed up for this years event! Many teams are returning from last year. We will fill up quickly so if you want to come and compete send your registration in soon.

We will be serving a free team dinner on Friday and free pastries and coffee Saturday morning again this year!

Come on down and join us. :)

We're on the fence right now. We're not going to do any back-to-back competitions this year so if we qualify for the Sam's regional that is the week after this, then we'll skip this one. So, we'll make a decision in early July. If there's no room, than there's no room :-D

Ron, not that I don't want you to qualify for the regional but hopefully we will see you there! ;) The village is going to let us close another street this year so we will be able to expand the number of teams. I am going to get out there and measure it up next week so I will know how many more. I am guessing we will be able to have 40-45 teams this year!

Back