MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #376
Mccaf
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Looks like the app has been updated, in time for a 4th of July cook. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks appdesigngeeks!
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #377
ubp_sanity
Knows what a fatty is.

I've downloaded the updated app, but now it can't connect to my guru.

I login and it takes me to connection settings. with a blank device address field and port.

I enter my address as a *.dyndns.org address and port 80..

Then I hit enter (or continue...) And I get an alert telling me to "Please configure your WiFi Guru using Settings"

So I go into WiFi Setup under settings, and none of the boxes will let me enter any data.
ubp_sanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #378
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Hi UBP_Sanity,

You will need to use the IP Address or Full domain name.
You cannot use * (wildcard) characters for the IP Address.

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #379
ubp_sanity
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdesigngeeks View Post
Hi UBP_Sanity,

You will need to use the IP Address or Full domain name.
You cannot use * (wildcard) characters for the IP Address.

Thanks
AppDesignGeeks
I didn't use the wildcard in the name, that would have been telling it to use all of the dyndns.org as mine :-)

I just didn't feel like publicly putting my address out there.

So, what my problem is, is that myname.dyndns.org is not accepted as the address. I have to put in the numeric address. If I put in my dnydns alphabetical address in, it doesn't seem to be able to figure it out from there. It used to work that way though.
ubp_sanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #380
tedwinters
Found some matches.

Awesome! Just saw that it was released.. Looking forward to trying it this week!!!
(And I'm not concerned about it having it's own login system, nor about it storing the ip address to my cyberq....)
tedwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #381
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubp_sanity View Post
I've downloaded the updated app, but now it can't connect to my guru.

I login and it takes me to connection settings. with a blank device address field and port.

I enter my address as a *.dyndns.org address and port 80..

Then I hit enter (or continue...) And I get an alert telling me to "Please configure your WiFi Guru using Settings"

So I go into WiFi Setup under settings, and none of the boxes will let me enter any data.
I think at this point being you are in set-up mode you need to put the IP address as it is assigned to the router. Once it is recognized by the router you set-up port-forwarding so that when an outside port call comes in the router will direct the call to the proper VPN IP address. dyndns.org or afraid.org will direct domain name calls to your web IP address via their name servers.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #382
Mccaf
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Pkkiaser- you PM me but your acct here has PM turn off. Turn it on and PM me again. I may have your solution.
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #383
kenny911
Got rid of the matchlight.

I can't wait to get one of these. This thing looks awesome but does this thing run ok in cold weather. Say 30 degrees
kenny911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #384
tedwinters
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny911 View Post
I can't wait to get one of these. This thing looks awesome but does this thing run ok in cold weather. Say 30 degrees
Yeah, it's sort of okay at that temp - but that's as cold as I'd go, and I'd try to make sure the unit was close to the bbq to get a bit of heat...
At that temperature, the screen is very slow to respond...
tedwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #385
user1234

Guys - I'm looking for assistance with connecting my CyberQ Wifi:

-It connects (ad hoc) to my old Windows vista laptop
-It does not connect (ad hoc) to:
-Windows 8 laptop
-iPad w/ iOS7

-It connects (infra) to my work router/network (WPA)
-It does not connect (infra) to my home router/network (WPA2-AES)

I can only manipulate the unit with my old laptop but I tried and tried to connect it to anything else with no results.

tl;dr:
Before I spend fruitless money on an IT service call I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue with newer PC's/tablets/routers? Works on Vista but doesn't work on Win8 or iOS7.

Thanks!
user1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #386
smbishop

It worked on my Windows 8 PC and Windows rt on my surface. I upgraded to 8.1 and it works on both again. It also works on my windows 8 GRD3 phone. I did buy a new home router when I first bought it so that I could do port forwarding...
smbishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #387
user1234

Damian with nuwave helped me out. He had my change the static ip to something that jived with the ipad and I followed his steps to get infra going as well. I think I was selecting the wrong security type: WPA, Auto, Phrase worked with my router.

Got port forwarding done too and I'm good to go now! Plan to do pulled beef (couple of chuck roasts) tomorrow from work.
user1234 is offline   Reply With Quote