MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Knothead
Full Fledged Farker

Default Reheating Oktoberfest Turkey Legs

I'm cooking 100 turkey legs for Oktoberfest this Saturday, I'm thinking it would be easier to cook them on Friday and then warm them up in my pitt on Saturday. What is this best way to do this safely and without drying them out when reheating?
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would cook them about 1/2 way, then finish the day of.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I have vended precooked turkey legs. To reheat we wrapped a few together in foil with some liquid. Put them on the cooker to heat up then unwrap and finish on the grill
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Sledneck; 02-27-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
I have vended precooked turkey legs. To reheat we wrapped a few together in foil with some liquid. Put them on the cooker to heat up then unwrap and finish on the grill
Those look good!

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post

Ohmigosh, those look very delicious!

Okay, now I am in the mood to get ready for the holidays and smoke a "test turkey" or two.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Knothead
Full Fledged Farker

Bigdog, how do I cook them half way then finish them? I don't understand
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothead View Post
Bigdog, how do I cook them half way then finish them? I don't understand
In other words, undercook them. I smoke them in the bandera for about 3 hours at 225 to finish, so 1/2 would be 1-1/2 hrs. Pull them before they start to pull back. I judge doneness of them by how much they pull back off the bone.

Sled has another good idea of spraying them and then wrapping them in foil and finish on the grill to crisp up.

The key to either way is to not overcook them so when you reheat, they will be done and not dry.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote