• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Favorite all purpose rubs

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just curious what all purpose rubs you use as a base rub even though you might add other spices also on a particular meat.

Mine is Jack Stack KC all purpose, it's great on pork, beef, poultry and fish. I'm really glad i ran across it...definitely a staple now for me. Just ordered their meat and poultry rub also today while i was re ordering.

I've heard good things about Big Poppas products too like his $ rub. I should probably order some Big Poppas since i use his drum just haven't done it yet.

What outstanding all purpose non homemade rubs do you love?!

Oakridge Venison & Wild Game Rub is fantastic on everything (chicken, pork and beef)... ironically, have never tried it on Venison or Wild Game

Have used this on burgers and chicken so far. Going to try it some others soon. It's Great!

n5o8z9.jpg

And can't get enough of this stuff either:

21cd0xu.jpg

Just curious what all purpose rubs you use as a base rub even though you might add other spices also on a particular meat.

Mine is Jack Stack KC all purpose, it's great on pork, beef, poultry and fish. I'm really glad i ran across it...definitely a staple now for me. Just ordered their meat and poultry rub also today while i was re ordering.

I've heard good things about Big Poppas products too like his $ rub. I should probably order some Big Poppas since i use his drum just haven't done it yet.

What outstanding all purpose non homemade rubs do you love?!

Simply Marvelous Rubs and OakRidge are always in my cupboards.

Big Poppa has a special on a selection of Simply Marvelous and his own rubs. It's really a good deal, check out his specials on the website..

The only "commercial" rub in my cupboard is McCormick's Grill Mates pork rub. I will use a doctored up version of it in a pinch. I keep a bottle of Angelo's Beef rub (a Ft. Worth restaurant that also sells rubs locally). It is a very aggressive pepper based rub that makes a surprisingly good base for brisket. I also have a bottle of the following from Savor Spices... Fine Swine & Bovine, Mo-Rockin' Chicken and Super Pig. I don't really use these as rubs, but they are worth including. Mostly I use my own stuff, but... I have been known to run out and get lazy. I am also partial to a straight Salt & Pepper or Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion combination for just about anything.

I like the 'Pork Barrel' BBQ Rub.

It has no sugar, and I can buy large bottles of it at CostCo.

By the looks of things so far i'm gonna add some Oakridge to the mix but if you haven't done the Jack Stack you're missin out.

Back