Anyone have a Vitamix?

I assume it's the price? Yeah, it's pretty steep. The upside is the warranty...but you still ahve to pay out the ass up front.

I assume it's the price? Yeah, it's pretty steep. The upside is the warranty...but you still ahve to pay out the ass up front.

Yep, the price is the only objection.
You'd pass at that price too, I would assume?
I will look out for second hand ones maybe, they must have great build quality.:sad:

Yep, the price is the only objection.
You'd pass at that price too, I would assume?
I will look out for second hand ones maybe, they must have great build quality.:sad:
I wasn't sure what the conversion rate is to be honest, but now that I lookedit up, yep, I would definitely pass. That is a very steep markup.

Wow you guys get raped down under, they mark up WSM's like crazy as well IIRC.

Yes we really do.
Ford f350 at $140,000
Power company charges $500 per year before charging for power usage,
Weber kettle is just under $500 and big steel kegs are $1600, and our arses hurt alla time!:sad:

Does anyone know of away around this? What if someone from Downunder were to purchase an item on Ebay in the US and have it shipped. Would that work? I purchase items direct from Hong Kong and they arrive as a "gift".
:noidea:

Does anyone know of away around this? What if someone from Downunder were to purchase an item on Ebay in the US and have it shipped. Would that work? I purchase items direct from Hong Kong and they arrive as a "gift".
:noidea:

For things like wsm/ kettles, we save when we order from USA but still get gutted on shipping, plus, you would be amazed how insulated US business thinking is.
Majority of businesses just don't ship, even in this climate with our strong economy wide open!
Gas products we have different fittings so no way to save, and electrical is different here too, ours is 240 volts.

Vitamix

Hi
I have a Vitamix and love it ,powerful and reliable .
Hope this helps .

I have a thermomix. I can blend, purée, cook etc etc in a thermomix. All butter sauces are a snack. Custards & therefore ice cream you can do on your ear. One can even make yogurt in it.
I make soups such as carrot and pumpkin and once puréed they are so smooth the texture is as if I added cream.
One can purée sauces so fine you can use in a syringe!!
If you think I am a fan - yes,yes.
John

Anybody else getting Vitamix banner ads? :shocked:

I have a thermomix. I can blend, purée, cook etc etc in a thermomix. All butter sauces are a snack. Custards & therefore ice cream you can do on your ear. One can even make yogurt in it.
I make soups such as carrot and pumpkin and once puréed they are so smooth the texture is as if I added cream.
One can purée sauces so fine you can use in a syringe!!
If you think I am a fan - yes,yes.
John

I had a demo and thought about it but I like cooking too much:grin:

I will say this, my BlendTec blends things so fast, that only my Thermapen is faster! But I'm not going to blend my Thermapen.:cop:

Do a Google search for Zazzle. The Zazzle ad has naked girls all over it. I found out when I was searching for "Kansas Postcards" for mmmmeat and followed the first link to Zazzle. Maybe not something you shoudl do at work though.

Back