Grilled Lamb with a POST marinade - Tons of Pr0n

GrillinFool: that is some of the best lamb I've seen for a while, the post marinade totally makes sense. Thanks for sharing

Simply beautiful! Lamb is right at the top on my list of all time fav's. Very nicely done. It's just too bad it costs so darn much. They put the darn sheep out in the pastures to keep the weeds down.....so why's it so expensive. New Zealand's got more sheep than people....

Humans are only outnumbered by sheep 15 to one - good thing we never gave them the vote!

As for the cost. I think I paid $17/pound for that at the Schnuck's on Manchester/Ballas. I think it's a little cheaper at Sam's, but you have to buy the two pack. I was able to buy just 5 bones which was exactly a pound ringing up at $17 and tax...

$17/pound! :eek:

I have three daughters who are in 4H and we raise a couple of lambs and goats a year to take to fair and be auctioned off for market. After they are butchered, they cost about $4/pound... I had no idea. :frusty:

I see what you mean, but we're talking about opposite ends of the economic food chain. You're on the "source" end, and he's talking about end user retail price.
There's a lot of needy fingers inbetween wanting their piece of that pie. ha ha ha

Great how-to, and wonderful recipes. Lamb is popular in my neck of the woods.

When I first was turned on to this method it was by accident.... it was an adaptation of a Chimichurri marinade and sauce, (intended for beef or fish).... but I used lamb and really liked it. The recipe called for reserving 1/3 in a separate dish for serving at the table.

Oh cool. I'll have my wife set the DVR so I can check you guys out.

I work right down the street from that Schnucks you're talking about, but have never been in. Looks like it's time for me to check it out.
Thank you!

Bob

p.s. GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!

That place is nuts. They have dry aged steaks they age right there on the premises. I got this berkshire bone in pork loin there that I garlic studded and coated with an herb glaze. The full recipe is here if you want to see it. But here's one of the pics:

Berkshire-Pork-Loin-Garlic-Studded-Herb-Crusted-172.jpg

They also have some amazing seafood. Their selection isn't quite Bob's but the quality is close... It taint cheap and the snobbery in that place is at an all time high, but I don't care. Good meat is good meat!

Great how-to, and wonderful recipes. Lamb is popular in my neck of the woods.

When I first was turned on to this method it was by accident.... it was an adaptation of a Chimichurri marinade and sauce, (intended for beef or fish).... but I used lamb and really liked it. The recipe called for reserving 1/3 in a separate dish for serving at the table.

Chimichurri lamb :shock:

I gotta hear the recipe for this! Can you give me the specifics. We're talking about mixing two of my favorite things! I gotta make that...

Very well done chef!

I'm not a chef. Chefs are people that train for it. Calling me a chef is like me telling you to drink hot tea with lemon and honey for a sore throat and calling me a doctor. I respect the hell out of chefs and try to glean as much info from them as possible when I can. I'm a pretty good indoor cook, a better than average outdoor pit man who happens to have a website, camera, and is called by local TV stations all the time to do cooking demos :shrug:

Well, I would expect the snobbery in west county to be at an all time high anyway, so walking into the store where they all shop it wouldn't surprise me! HAHA

I have already "ripped off" your Berkshire recipe, the day you posted it. Took me a few minutes the other day to realize "hey, this is the guy that posted the awesome pork loin recipe"!!!

Your website is fantastic. The grilled Roma tomatos with cheese are also on my "to cook" list.

Bob

Well, I would expect the snobbery in west county to be at an all time high anyway, so walking into the store where they all shop it wouldn't surprise me! HAHA

I have already "ripped off" your Berkshire recipe, the day you posted it. Took me a few minutes the other day to realize "hey, this is the guy that posted the awesome pork loin recipe"!!!

Your website is fantastic. The grilled Roma tomatos with cheese are also on my "to cook" list.

Bob

Thanks.

Yeah, you noticed I was in St. Louis on that thread too.

The romas are a great, simple recipe. Try with a mixture of parsley and basil to take it farther than I did in there...

Back